PDA

View Full Version : Do Cathay take Direct Entry F/Os on the pax fleet??

Eff Oh
17th Aug 2004, 16:51
Hi Guys
Do Cathay accept F/Os onto the pax fleet or do you have to do the S/O of Freighter thing first?? If not how long would one expect to be sitting on the jumpseat before upgrade to F/O???
Would having widebody command time make any difference? (Age below 30) Also how likely is it, or how long would it take before you could apply for a base in say LHR or AMS???
Many Thanks
Eff Oh :ok:

404 Titan
17th Aug 2004, 17:06
Eff Oh

All these questions have been answered on this forum in the very recent past. Some of us get tired of repeating these answers over and over again because some can’t or won’t use the search function that is provided on this web sight. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and answer your questions this time:

1. No
2. Just over three years at present.
3. No
4. LHR & AMS = 6 – 7 years on pax fleet. Have to be on right fleet and be RPIC qualified. Bases are awarded in seniority order.

Eff Oh
18th Aug 2004, 09:54
Thanks for the answer. Search function comes up with a multitude of pages, if they just came up with the answers then great, but they don't. To find the facts (like everything else on PPRuNe) you must wade through the mountains of nonsense and I really don't have time for that!

I appreciate your point though and again thank you for your reply.:ok: