PDA

View Full Version : us crew visas

staale
17th Aug 2004, 11:44
I got a job offer that requires me to get a crew visa(c1d) to be able to fly into US territory. Does anyone know if this is hard to get, do I need an interview at the embassy etc.. I was denied entry in 2001 because of overstaying my j-1, so I'm wondering if that's a dealbreaker?
Should I play with open cards when applying or just pray they won't find out? Nobody answers at the embassy so I'm hoping somebody here knows..Thanks!

Bellthorpe
18th Aug 2004, 07:53
Put it this way. The way the US is about visas these days, if you don't admit to a previous infraction, and you are caught out later on, it's gaol time for sure.

rotorboy
18th Aug 2004, 16:09
C1d's are usualy gotten by the employer through his agent. I would assume this is on a private vessel or a tuna boat.

Personally I hope you dont get it. You already broke the law once and abused the right to work in the US.

I would delcare, otherwise you are likely to never step foot in the US again if caught.

and overstaying the J1........ geeze wasnt I just talking about that in another thread!

rb

staale
22nd Aug 2004, 12:29
I never intended to break any law. Applied for h1b work permit long before my j1 ran out and was told I could stay in the country while they processed it. What I didn't know was I couldn't leave the country in the meantime.
The only reason I was denied entry back in was that I was stupid enough to tell the truth.