PDA

View Full Version : US to UK flypaper conversion

ProfessorFate
16th Aug 2004, 13:04
I'm working in the US, flying EMS in a multi-engine make and model that is very popular with air ambulance providers in the UK. I have an IFR rating. My question is, what would I have to do to get the UK licensing and work visa, permits, etc...to work in the UK?

Thanks.

B Sousa
16th Aug 2004, 13:11
Im sure as this thread unveils you will get some very accurate answers. From what I gather the answer will boil down to" More Paperwork, Money, Time and Confusion than you need in your life."

GoodGrief
16th Aug 2004, 19:10
Hi!

Get a medical JAA-class 1
for EU work permit: get married to a EU citizen

license wise download and read Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 2.015

http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jars/444077.pdf

to take a quick look

JAR–FCL 2 SECTION 1
Appendix 1 to JAR–FCL 2.015
Minimum requirements for the validation of pilot licences of non-JAA States
(See JAR–FCL 2.015)
1 The minimum requirements for the validation of a pilot licence of a non-JAA State by a JAA Member
State are specified below.
Pilot licences for commercial air transportation and other professional activities
2 A pilot licence issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 by a non-JAA State may be validated subject to
conditions by a JAA Member State in order to permit flights (other than for flight instruction) in helicopters
registered in that JAA Member State. To validate such licences, the holder shall:
(a) complete, as a skill test, the type rating revalidation requirements of JAR–FCL 2.245 relevant to the
privileges of the licence held;
(b) demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Authority that a knowledge of the relevant parts of JAR–OPS
and JAR–FCL (see AMC FCL 2.005 and 2.015) has been acquired;
(c) demonstrate a knowledge of English in accordance with JAR–FCL 2.200;
(d) hold a valid JAR–FCL Class 1 medical certificate;
(e) meet any published additional requirements that the JAA Member State deems necessary; and
(f) comply with the experience requirements set out in column (2) of the following table in relation to
the validation conditions specified in column (3):
Licence held Total flying hours experience Validation conditions
(1) (2) (3)
ATPL(H) >1 000 hours as PIC on multi-pilot
helicopters
Commercial air transport in multi-pilot
helicopters as PIC
(a)
ATPL(H) or
CPL(H)/IR*
>1 000 hours as PIC or co-pilot on multipilot
helicopters
Commercial air transport in multi-pilot
helicopters as co-pilot
(b)
CPL(H)/IR >1 000 hours as PIC in commercial air
transport since gaining an IR
Commercial air transport in single-pilot
helicopters as PIC
(c)
CPL(H) >700 hours in helicopters other than those
certificated under JAR–27/29, including
200 hours in the activity role for which
validation is sought, and 50 hours in that
role in the last 12 months
Activities in helicopters other than commercial
air transport
(d)
*CPL/IR holders on multi-pilot helicopters shall have demonstrated ICAO ATPL level knowledge before
validation
Private pilot licences with Instrument Rating
3 A private pilot licence with instrument rating issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 by a non-JAA
State may be validated subject to conditions by a JAA Member State in order to permit flights (other than flight
instruction) in helicopters registered in that JAA Member State. To validate such licences, the holder shall:
(a) complete, as a skill test, all sections of the type skill test in accordance with Appendix 1 and 3 to
JAR-FCL 2.240;
(b) demonstrate to the satisfaction of the Authority in accordance with Subpart J, that a knowledge of
Air Law and the Aeronautical Weather codes, subject number 050 10 03 01, as well as the Flight Planning &
Performance (IR), subject number 030 00 00 00, Human Performance subject number 040 00 00 00 in
accordance with Appendix 1 to JAR-FCL 2.470 has been acquired;
(c) demonstrate a knowledge of English in accordance with JAR–FCL 2.200;