PDA

View Full Version : CAATS and ADRES

winglit
15th Aug 2004, 15:23
Here's a good one for any of the technofiles out there. I know it's possible to run CAATS & ADRES without the CDs, but how? I have found that copying all the manuals on to a DVD eliminates all that disk swapping, but as soon as a the new revision comes out you have to make a new dvd. I thought about posting this in the IT forum, but there must be some computer whizz Airbus expert lurking in these parts.

spannersatcx
15th Aug 2004, 18:06
CAATS & ADRES are no more, it's all airnav now, at least for the 330/340.

There was a way to do it, if you still have the disks, I think you'll find the instructions in one of the read me/install files.

winglit
15th Aug 2004, 18:51
Yes, we are going down the air n@v route too, but ours is server based. The server seems to know when we have an AOG situation and then crashes! I want to use the CAATS and ADRES on my laptop, but I can't find the readme file you refer to.

ukeng
15th Aug 2004, 20:22
Don't know how to do it for CAATS and ADRES but Airn@v can be installed on the hard disk if you have 2.5gig of space. It can also be run from DVD.
We have it on a company server but out backup laptops have it on DVD. Try contacting Airbus - i've got the phone and email for the man you need if you want to send me a PM (i'd rather not splash his email on here!).

He can tell you how to sort out CAATS and ADRES if it's possible.

SeldomFixit
18th Aug 2004, 07:47
"Installe.exe" will do it for you

ukeng
23rd Aug 2004, 05:17
Cheers for that Seldomfixit! I've got the disks but never installed them myself.
Done it this morning but just need to get the works passport to get it working. Comes in handy sometimes having this stuff at home to refer back to.