PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a FTO nightmare

Flinty
14th Aug 2004, 19:37
Hi Guys / Gals,

This is my first post so please be kind.

I know the age old question of which Flight Training School to go to has been asked loads but I was wondering if anyone could offer me some advice.

Is it better to go to a school locally or do you think you can be more focused if you go away to a school ?

Also, weather wise. Obviously predicting weather is a nightmare anywhere but I have narrowed by chose of schools down to Airways and Multiflight. The problem is I want to start my training hopefully at the end of Sept for CPL/IR/ME and would like to get it all done as quickly as possible for continuity sake.

Has anyone any experiences of doing CPL/IR in autumn/winter months in Exeter or Leeds ?

I live in Yorkshire so Multiflight would be an obvious choice for locallity but the weather is another matter.

Any opinions / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Flinty:D

WX Man
16th Aug 2004, 17:33
IMHO one focusses better when one is away training. But everyone's different... it worked for me because of my boarding school/university background where home is for time off and going away is for working.

craig1975
17th Aug 2004, 12:18
Hi,

I have lived away from home and also at home whilst studying. It made naff all difference to me once I was older. I am not sure how old you are, or your maturity levels (not being unkind, just don't know you), but that is what makes the difference.

Basically if you are committed enough you will go past the temptations whatever they are, being at home, or away. I found that home was pub, mates, TV, playstation, girl-friend etc, but being away there was nobody to give you a push if you haltered a little bit.

I have not done ATPLS yet but have considerable higher level qual's to go on for experience.

To sum - its horses for courses, distractions both at home and away.

Hope this helps