PDA

View Full Version : brunei route structure

dai chon doi
12th Aug 2004, 23:09
anyone know if there's any truth to a rumour that rba are planning some extensive changes to their network? i heard the board has recommended cutting frequencies and destinations?

THINALBERT
14th Aug 2004, 05:28
Well something will have to give if RBA are to expand into Sydney in the winter schedule.

It sounds like a last throw of the dice from a CEO who has lost the plot to me.

swh
15th Aug 2004, 01:35
Any news on the A330 introduction as replacements for the old 767's and to cater for the high freight demand ? Have they decided on the IFE going into the 330, hope its not the same as the 763 ?

dai chon doi
15th Aug 2004, 04:13
ah well there you go. i'd only heard that RBA were cutting some routes. hadn't heard that they getting 330's as a definite.

Big Kahuna
15th Aug 2004, 06:11
330's ha, is that before or after the boys get a pay rise.

xrba
17th Aug 2004, 02:33
For the CEO to have lost the plot it must be assumed the he had the plot in the first case! The ship's cat knows that a tiny enclave, with little tourist/commercial traffic, can only sustain a fleet of 2 or 3 A320s, if it wants to be anything like viable. Taking a decision which would ensure that is beyond anyone in Brunei though. Too many other factors come into play. Competing with the major carriers is just a non-starter, they will continue to lose money hand over fist whilst paying the crews buttons in some misguided attempt to make a profit. Bet that the AKL pax were delighted to start their marathon trip to LHR recently in an ancient 757!

THINALBERT
17th Aug 2004, 04:33
Looking at the number of RBA guys who are or are about to come to the sand pit for DE commands you must be getting really short of experience in the abode.

fire wall
17th Aug 2004, 10:45
ah thin albert, the former borneo ace (sic) who rises to the surface whenever there is but a hint of storm clouds on the horizon.
Obviously no one informed you the experience level at Blunder Silly Big-a-wun went up the day you left for the sandpit. Yes yes we know of the "greatness" bestowed upon you......more a comment on who you are with now rather than those dashing aviation feats which you so often boasted.
Move on now, there must be something better for you to waste your time on non.
Now the guessing game begins, which handle will you use to throw those poison barbs by way of witty response? Perhaps an ambush using several at one time.......ah capital what!

UAE Camel
17th Aug 2004, 11:36
THINALBERT is welcome here. I always found his posts to reflect the facts of the topic talked about, and I hope he continues to speak out. Like many of us who were at RBA we were let down by rudderless managers who had no backbone to stop them stooping so low. Trolly apart of course, which is why even he left in the end. I hear its even worse now. No hard feelings, but thats how it was. Good luck to all those left, and a warm welcome to all those who manage to make it here.

fire wall
22nd Aug 2004, 15:03
Hello camel, not sure who you are yet......is it your face posted on the yatch club board or are you the budding photographer and very amateur scribe who gets nervous on Singapore overnights?

COWPAT
27th Aug 2004, 06:08
Todays plan is for the Airbus to work a lot harder from the winter schedule onwards and for the 767 to concentrate on FRA, LHR, JED, BNE-AKL and SYD. One of the AKL services will probably be cancelled to allow for the expansion. DPS may be cancelled altogether.

Tomorrows plan is still on the drawing board.

Wings
6th Sep 2004, 04:38
Gentlemen, a bit less vitriol please.
Yes there are destinations being dropped and Sydney being added. The paperwork I have suggests three destinations are to go, and DPS is not one of them. Of course this information is a week old so it's probably grossly inaccurate.

As far as expansion goes;
"Possible expansion for summer 2005".

Before you collectively go "Hah!!!"
Hands up all of you who have been in an airline that hasn't written similar things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending a management that is indefensible, I just don't like rushing headlong to join lynch mobs.

Cheers

P.S. G'day Albert, Scooby Doo and the other ex RBA boys who are also in the land of sand and actually have complimentary things to say about their time in the abode.

seymorejugs
7th Sep 2004, 13:10
Alas..The good days at RBA are now gone! Bit like a headless Ayam now. decisions made, decisions changed. Pilots trained on 757, now dropping it off new Schedule/ deschedule.
CEO had big expansion plan???!!! Now retraction as not paying enough money to attract the right guys!
Cutting moneymaking routes to start SYD. Cathay must have been laughing all the way to the pub with RBA bought this guys dribble..Knows nothing about management, nor managing staff! Both him and DFO are terrified of having a pilot meeting because they would have to explain the appaulling way the Co. is being run!