PDA

View Full Version : MFA and lousy aircrafts

Lanun
12th Aug 2004, 11:46
I used to be a student in the Malaysian Flying Academy located in Malacca. I have to say that the flying instructors are trying their best to teach BUT how could a person teach a student if the aircraft doesn't even have basic instruments?

Almost 1/2 of the single engine aircrafts have unservicable transponders or don't even have transponders and the principle expacts the aircraft to fly a crosscountry exercise. Almost all of the aircraft are not fully equiped with ADF trackers and DMEs and the principle expacts his students to fly instrument letdowns. Cracked windshields and broken windows of the aircrafts are tied up using wires and there was an incident once where the whole window flew off during a pittyfull student's solo crosscountry exercise.

Imagine the safety of a pilot in one of the MFA's aircraft? If I were to be a Flying Instructor there, I bet I will be praying everyday that I have survived from my daily job.

God bless Kashav...

lostconcern
12th Aug 2004, 12:57
You know why he has the letters V.S.M. after his name? Its not really a official title from the Indian Airforce as he says, but one given to him by ex students and staff of MFA... it stands for Very Stupid Man. ( tell him it to his face and watch his jugular veins, its good for a laugh!)