PDA

View Full Version : Probability of ME re-stream?

Training Risky
12th Aug 2004, 08:34
I know a few guys who have been chopped FJ and RW, does anyone know the current stance taken by PTC on the numbers required in the ME stream?

Is there still a huge surplus of front-line mates?

What are the chances of being chucked out of the branch/RAF altogether?

Cheers for any info.

TR

6foottanker
12th Aug 2004, 16:32
Depending on where you start from, and where in the system you fall foul, there are still potential ME restream slots available, now that Mets is finally up and running properly again.

Unfortunately, it is very hard to get a restream full stop. especially if you fail a course early (ie pre BHT at Linton, Basic Rotary). The system is currently bursting with potential fireman oops, sorry, guys holding for METS, having been restreamed. The current hold for ME streamed guys is in the region of 2 years.

Restream takes less time, but up to a year is probable.
Guys are also going to Kidlington to train, as Cranditz can't cope, but these guys are likely to remain those restreamed from after linton, eg the unfortunates who finish BFJT and can't get a place at Valley (terrible shame for some, NOT).

Having 'left' Valley just before the FJ system went tits, i was lucky, and a couple of threads on pprune bear witness to guys from OCUs who haven't got a restream, and have had to rebranch (what a waste).

Don't have any figures on the numbers required, but the multis front line is still over full, for now, but then lots of guys are ready to go, plenty of top guys just aren't getting picked up or assimilated. Hence why the Cranditz guys are still churning them out.

Hope this is of some use

:uhoh:

Pontius Navigator
12th Aug 2004, 16:49
In the 80s the weak navs were streamed fast-jet. That way they could be chopped quicker!

Take the read across if you wish.

6foottanker
12th Aug 2004, 18:03
And back then, there was no restream, and even less flex!:O

Triple Hooked
13th Aug 2004, 22:57
There are a lot of odd decisions going on at the moment and in the last couple of years. I have heard of fast jet and helo mates getting chopped on OCUs and not getting restreamed...

... while many other studes who I know personally have been chopped pre-wings get offered METS without a fuss or drama. It stinks in my opinion.

I suspect it may be something to do with where you are chopped, in PTC or further down the sausage factory in STC/JHC.

There appears to be a lowering of the bar in PTC to "Go on, let a stude prove himself, lets give him one last chance, send him to the OCU and see how he fares"

But after brevet: "We've given you enough rope to hang yourself with, you've proved you can't fly properly, now give back your brevet and flying pay.... and p*ss off!"

I suggest that a cracking pair of t*ts may become a prize asset when being reconsidered for a restream!