PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Crash - Leavenworth Washington - USA

gomexjr
12th Aug 2004, 01:42
Not too much information, but the pilot has been identified. My condolences to the family of the pilot. Hopefully he died doing what he loves.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/3643869/detail.html

rotorboy
12th Aug 2004, 15:26
I had the oppertunity to work with Mike when I worked on his helitack crew a s a crew member. He was a southern bubba to the hilt, but a very interesting, and extremely fun to be around. He was one of the few guys , who didnt let ego get in the wy of doing the job.

Mike had been flying forest service contracts for years and years. He was knowand like by many.

I remember calling him on the radio one day , trying to get a bucket, telling him I couldnt understand his florida gator accent, he sanpped back "Boy that isnt a Flordia gator, it's a Georgia Cracker...."

I'll be interested in finding out what happed to the 205.
rb.:(

SASless
13th Aug 2004, 02:53
Talked to one of my drivers who is at the fire...crash happened at a very rugged site...the aircraft was in the process of landing an underslung load of equipment. Aircraft was consumed by the resulting fire after the crash....recovery efforts were delayed by the fire and terrain.

Condolences to the family...this kind of event should remind us how frail our grasp on life is....hits home when it is in your own backyard. Take an extra minute to hug your children...kiss that wife...give them a call.:(