PDA

View Full Version : Apologies from a spotter

A10 Thundybox
11th Aug 2004, 23:16
Hi Chaps hope you FJ types can help a homeless spotter? I would have posted on that dribbly spotters corner bit of Pr00ne but 'tis gone, and I don't have sandles buck teeth and badges.
I hate spotters even though slightly afflicted, anyhow..
I have a shiny new 10D I'm going to be trying out some time back end of August- any of you guys zooming through the loop or starwars canyon before August is out?
Or perhaps your all on holls (shh,don't tell the germans) till sometime in Sept in which case I'll save myself the 600mile drive and a week photographing **** all.

many thanks for any info (thoroghly understand if you want to remain tight lipped, worth a try though I thought)

A10

Olly O'Leg
11th Aug 2004, 23:52
Not promising anything at all by way of this reply but we've had "requests" a few times from aviation journos (honest ones) to fly past certain locations if we're down that way. It's not diverting training, funds or aircraft and if you've a serious request it shouldn't be a problem asking. You might need a few days in one particular area due to weather and/or current tasking. The problem is that this isn't the forum ask for things like that and I reckon you'd be better off contacting the Squadrons personally.

Best of luck!!!! :ok:

A10 Thundybox
12th Aug 2004, 00:37
Thanks Olly that's pretty amazing, but really what I'm after is just a basic heads up on when the currency and training flying kicks off again after the summer break. Don't want to bother SQN's with "can you fly past grid x at this time, just prefer wandering about and "fishing" for them- more exciting that way.

and honest guv I'm no journo-previous photographic work sadly will testify to that, I'm pi$$ poor but hoping for a spot of practice!!:{

Werty
12th Aug 2004, 14:57
Summer break......? I wish:ugh:

Pontius Navigator
12th Aug 2004, 16:53
A10,
I think you lost me but there will be A10s at Lakenheath on the 18/19 Aug and at Holbeach on the 19th strafing indeed.

Olly O'Leg
12th Aug 2004, 18:51
Hmmmm...... Perhaps the year-round 2 month "Summer break"!!!!

I guess it's going to be a bit "Hit and miss" in that case - just pick a decent valley and hope for the best - Moffat and Star Wars are the usual suspects or Northumbria and the Borders, although there aren't that many decent valleys in the latter!!!

Best of luck!!!!!

A10 Thundybox
12th Aug 2004, 22:28
Thanks chaps I think I'll risk starwears at last week of Aug-if there are no planes there's always the odd distillary on the way home-
"One for the road"!! (don't hear that much these days)

Thanks

A10

ORAC
14th Aug 2004, 08:36
Excalibur (http://www.defencetalk.com/news/publish/article_001722.shtml). I am sure someone can say which ranges they are using.

jimgriff
14th Aug 2004, 09:37
We've had wall to wall low flying in Mid Wales this last week.
Great time for all (flying and looking)
The low level over my town (A*******h) by the F-15's was pure magic!! Thanks guys.