PDA

View Full Version : MS Frontapage password

jimgriff
11th Aug 2004, 18:23
I use MS Frontpage as my web page compiler.

Its been a few months since I updated pages on
www.ejectorseats.co.uk and now I find that as I go to upload the new pages it askes me for a password and user name.
I cant for the life of me remember what these are.
Can anyone offer advice please?
I use MS Frontpage 2003

amanoffewwords
11th Aug 2004, 19:25
Isn't that the password/username as provided by your web hosting Co.? In which case, err...ask the web hosting Co.!

jimgriff
14th Aug 2004, 09:29
I have those passwords and user name.
In fact I use the same one for most things!
My hosts have confirmed that I am using the correct login to them. Its just the Frontpage password I cant remember when I go to upload the pages to the site.
Does MS FP hide these anywhere?

ORAC
14th Aug 2004, 10:26
Found this on another web host site:

"You will be asked for your USERNAME and PASSWORD. This is your domain's USERNAME and your FrontPage PASSWORD. The FrontPage password will be whatever the password to your domain was at the time you installed the Front Page extensions.

If you have since changed your domain password, and don't remember the original password, simply un-install and re-install FrontPage extensions from your Control Panel. This will reset the FrontPage password to the current password for your domain."

(ps, err, I believe that's your website control panel, not the Windows control panel)

jimgriff
14th Aug 2004, 18:32
Thanks ORAC.

Sorted, Many thanks for that.

If anyone wants to read about Craig Penrice's ejection from a Hunter over Mid Wales last year they can now do this.

The article was written by Craig for my web site.

Another Exclusive!!!! Woohoo!!