PDA

View Full Version : QF Destination Wishlist

On The Horizon
11th Aug 2004, 12:08
Just curious what desinations fellow ppruner's would like to see
introduced/reintroduced into the QF network.

A few suggestions of my own.

Perth - London Direct With A340-500/777-200LR
Sydney - SE USA Orlando/Miama With A340-500/777-200LR
Sydney - Vancouver Direct or via Honolulu
Sydney - Dallas

If tie up with ANZ is not approved
Auckland - Honolulu
Auckland - Hong Kong
Auckland - Singapore
Auckland - San Francisco

I'm sure there are many other possible combinations, it'll be interesting to see waht others would like to see

Cheers
:ok:

Rich-Fine-Green
11th Aug 2004, 12:28
BN - SY - ML to USA...

Anywhere except LAX!.

Dallas or SFO would be a great entry point. I hate going through LAX.

Keg
11th Aug 2004, 13:01
Anywhere in the world as long as it is in a B777! :}

The_Cutest_of_Borg
12th Aug 2004, 03:24
Dream on there Keg..... come to the dark side of the force!!

Sidesticks RULE!!! (or so I am told...!):p

q--tee
12th Aug 2004, 07:20
Oh, very fond memories of the BAH slips ..... needed a new liver after a few years of them :)

It is probably different there now, but would love to see BAH or perhaps DXB as a destination.

SFO would also be on the wishlist, as well as YYZ .....

We have such a limited schedule these days, for the world's 11th largest carrier, we dont fly to a lot of international destinations these days !!!!

Ah well, the good ol' days are gone :)

stiffwing
12th Aug 2004, 11:41
Yes, I too long for the "g.o.d's" with either 2 days NTAA and 5 CYVR or vice-versa.
Perhaps the new Bombay (sorry-Mumbai) slips will bring back memories of better days..but then again, maybe not!

FarQ2
12th Aug 2004, 12:50
SYD to Nowhere would be nice.

An overated outfit, everything outside the flightdeck lets the whole lot down, a sh.....t operation with sh....t service !

Give me CX any day ------ I will NEVER fly with QF or J* or anything connected with them ever again and have not for more than 10 yrs.

:} :} :} :} :}

druglord
12th Aug 2004, 12:51
How about JFK everybody else in the world flies there. Perhaps a 747LR

Chimbu chuckles
12th Aug 2004, 15:00
QF used to go to lots of good spots in the 70s. Mauritius, Rio, Acupulco, Caribbean destos..always full but beanies killed em off...as they do!!!

Chuck.

Wonderworld
13th Aug 2004, 00:44
QF already flies to JFK and has for some years now. Sadly full flights to exotic locations does not guarantee it to be a profitable route.

AirNoServicesAustralia
13th Aug 2004, 00:55
Q-tee I agree, get Qantas to fly to Dubai. Then us Aussie ATC's over here could have the pleasure of making Qantas number last again :E

Ok before you jump all over me, I am kidding. Though gotta say some discount to controllers from QANTAS (like BAW gives) would go a long way.

ReadMyACARS
13th Aug 2004, 03:39
Instead of bleating about the threat from Emirates and Singapore, QF could perhaps take a leaf out of their book and instead of flying PH pax through Singapore, they could use those bright shiny new A333's to go PH-DXB-LHR.

If they wanted to be really cheeky, they could set up a smaller hub in Bahrain and fly BNE/SYD/MEL/PH - BAH - Europe. Bypassing the 'enemy' in Singapore (and Dubai).

How many passengers actually get off and on in SIN for the ground costs involved?

RMA

Three Bars
13th Aug 2004, 04:09
FarQ2,

Good post.

I guess if you haven't flown on QF for 10 years, you must be in a really EXPERT position to make your assessment!

:mad: :* :yuk:

halas
13th Aug 2004, 22:15
ReadMyACARS

Great idea, but l don't think Gulf Air would be keen on 5th freedom rights there ;)

Problem is you give all the QF Oz destinations but none in Europe.
Considering they only service LHR and FRA, how many other countries would give them rights to BAH especially if Gulf or another carrier service the route?

T'would be better to use Al Ain or Ras Al Khaimah as no one would have an objection for QF to operate out of them ;)

halas

Jet_A_Knight
14th Aug 2004, 07:51
Bring back YSSY-YMEL-LGAT, especially these days!

Once, it was easy to get 'home'.

Angle of Attack
14th Aug 2004, 09:57
Athens? Amsterdam, Copenhagen? hmmm the possibilities, but I dont think its gonna happen, I wouldnt mind if they went to more places in China too.
Forget about basing in Sydney, move the whole outfit up to Brissy and it would be a better airline, hehe

The Librarian
17th Aug 2004, 01:59
Anywhere, ANYWHERE except KLAX.:yuk: