PDA

View Full Version : Unfair Scrutiny of Arab Americans Post

heloplt
17th Sep 2001, 19:35
The post that reported poll results that showed Americans favored extraordinary scrutiny of Arab Americans was locked by the PPRUNE moderators and probably for very good reason. I can imagine the responses that it would generate.

We must recall, every day as we speak, Mexican Americans, Hispanics, are subject to the exact same kind of treatment by our Border Patrol and other law enforcement agencies in states that border Mexico.

This is a result of the massive illegal immigration of those from south of the border who are coming to the United States to seek a better life.

I am a "white anglo-saxon" American and do not have to endure that kind of treatment. We see our fellow American citizens stopped, interrogated, and forced to provide identification at Border Patrol checkpoints that are in some cases hundreds of miles from the border. As unfortunate as it is, and having great sympathy for our fellow citizens....I can understand the need for it even if I find it repugnant and offensive. That is the price we must pay for protecting our borders I am afraid....and I do hate it for them.

Currently, our attackers have one distinguishing trait...their ethnic origins...harsh and unfeeling as it sounds....maybe our Arab Americans will have to pay a price for the security of all , though I fear it would be ineffective and surely is unfair.

We are all Americans ....time for all of us to act like it....and work together for the common good....while standing by each and every one of our fellow citizens.