PDA

View Full Version : Aer Arann - Good, Bad and Ugly...

LVL CHG
10th Aug 2004, 22:13
Yes, I have done a search on Aer Arann. I understand that they don't pay well. However, there aren't many choices nowadays and I have always enjoyed the ATR...

Anyone know the good, bad and ugly details? Is this a good place to be (excluding obvious low pay)? Any Aer Arann pilots out there wish to comment about working there and their impressions?

Cheers

Global Pilot
11th Aug 2004, 05:17
What position are you applying for? Captain or F/O. FOs can expect 40K a year (including sector pay) in the first year!

Office_With_A_View
11th Aug 2004, 10:23
Hiya,

I work for Aer Arann as an F/O and to be honest there is not that much to complain about. Ok the rosters are not great and getting holidays approved is a real mission, but the flying is great and in the last 12 months I've flown over 700hrs so my hours are growing quick.

I'm happy here for the time being and for a first flying job I have no complaints, the ATR is a complex and difficult A/C to fly compared to others. And the flight deck is all Airbus technology and I've been told that the Airbus Jets are easier to fly and operate than our ATR's (Just what I've been told!!!!)

Anyway if you do want to apply look at our website:

www.aerarann.com

It says we are not recruiting but for the next two weeks we are having interviews etc for 6 new F/O's.

Good luck and I may see you here...
:D :D :D

Office_With_A_View
12th Aug 2004, 06:23
sorry I'm just an F/O you'll have to send in your details as listed on the website.

Good Luck...;)

euroflyer2003
12th Aug 2004, 14:55
LVL Change, what do you mean they don't pay well. My mate who flies with them as an FO is taking home a hell of a lot more than me a month and I'm on a 737. Their pay is far superior to that offered by Flybe, Citiexpress etc. From what I understand they have a basic of around 30k with at least another 15k a year in flight pay and sector pay on top of that a year. Things also seem to be looking very good for the company. Their growth is up 66% from this time last year. Their new routes to the UK and France are doing very well with excellent load factors. The day they change to jets is the day I'll be hoping to join them.

carbonfibre
12th Aug 2004, 22:41
Well !!

I know its hard work but they look a great outfit to me on the web, and lets be honest 30K aroundish is pretty good.

I could see a long term career with someone like that, 700 hours a year is ideal to unfreeze your ATPL quicker too. I have applied and fingers crossed.

:ok:

tom24
13th Aug 2004, 09:13
Are we talking Sterling or Euro?

wheelbarrow
14th Aug 2004, 10:36
euro pay definitley.