PDA

View Full Version : Joint C130 Engineering Facility

KPax
10th Aug 2004, 19:55
Without starting the debate about which C130 variant is best. If the C130J is so different how can they justify amalgamating the C130 Eng lines into one. Is it money or is there a plan.

ZH875
10th Aug 2004, 20:17
At a rough guess, I would say that if the 24/30(Eng) Sqn moves to Brize Norton in 2005, and 47/LXX(Eng) Sqn stayed at Lyneham until 2012 it would cost a lot of money to keep Lyneham open.

On the other hand, if the combined units moved to Brize in 2005 and Lyneham was closed in 2005, a shed load of money would be saved.

Let's see what the Airfield Review 2005 brings. Call me cynical but...

The J is better ... It has a microwave oven.

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
10th Aug 2004, 22:02
Lean Methodologies give Quality an effective roadmap. Companies become more focused on point improvement, working on a specific element of the end-to-end process.

Talk like this will get you promoted at Lyneham. And it'll be at Brize soon!

Re-inventing the wheel, rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic, etc

Talk like this will invite accusations of...

'Resistance to Change', which is a bad thing, and you will be described as a 'Weevil'

(We've always done it like this)

54 Airforces operate the C130 Hercules.
53 of them talk to each other.

The Aussies tried combining their two Herc fleets (engineering wise). It didn't work.

BEagle
11th Aug 2004, 05:54
Is it CATAR (Centralised AT/AR assets)?

Or SNOT (Stupid Number of Targets)?

All the eggs in one basket - and if the handle breaks, guess what...

One of the most ridiculous ideas of the bean counters is to reduce the number of AT runways from 3 to 1, in my view. Sorry Bliar and Buff, but if you want to play world policeman, it'll cost money.