PDA

View Full Version : Netjets

melia
10th Aug 2004, 11:57
Have the Netjets pilots read the 'Ryanair call to arms' post?

From what used tobe posted on this site about the company it seems that Ryanair and Netjets have the same management or has that all died now?

Or are you still being told you have a special agreement with INAC to ignore your FTL's?

Good Luck

No RYR for me
17th Aug 2004, 09:55
Sorry that you have not been hired by us or that your company is not making it due to our competition :ok:

Now get a life. We are Jarops1 and use the right FTL's. The 6 on 5 off is an excellent way of working after having flown the RYR way with ****ty 25 minute turn arounds and ****ty management. :yuk:

Haffa
17th Aug 2004, 15:09
No RYR for me
I do agree with you that the tome of melias message may have been a bit provocative.
Yours however is completely out of line.
It is personal.
And what is worse, you are not telling the truth.
6 and 5 has been history for a LONG time now. It has been unilaterally changed by management, just like thed did with the 30% paycuts for some of us some years ago. But you were propably not in the company then.
Lisbon Management ist torning the place into wild west. Disregarding european labour rules as well as US ones.
If you can not stick with the facts at least say nothing. Or do you want the perception to arise that NJE management has its agents provocateur on this site to sex up their image ?
Surely you are to intelligent to believe that anyone would fall for that!

melia
17th Aug 2004, 19:32
No RYR for me.

I am sorry to burst your bubble but I have never been turned down by NetJets Europe I realise that you are probably desperate for a job with little experience and have to put up with whatever you can get, but please be honest not a fool, grow up.

The reason for the post was a meeting I had with one of your senior training captains in France who informed me of his working day and explained that he could have a split with just 2 hours rest in the day, because they had a special agreement with INAC, but it was written in Portuguese and he wouldn’t understand it.

I hasten to add the trainer was enquiring about a job with me on our GV

Haffa thank you for your comments your attitude is spot on.

I understood this was a forum for thought and action provoking discussion! If you read the Ryan air call to arms it is all about having representation and solidarity for your aircrews, which from the posts of a few months ago I thought your aircrew were in need of.

Silly me for expecting an intelligent response not child like behaviour from No RYR for me.

Good Luck

BLEKE
18th Aug 2004, 08:56
I know several people who are currently working for Netjets Europe. They all seem to be enjoying the job, none of them are complaining and they come from a variety of backgrounds, Air Force, scheduled airline etc. Last time I spoke to one of them, not so long ago, this particular person has both Air Force and scheduled airline experience, I was told that he was not intersted to go somewhere else and that he was perfectly happy flying his little jet around Europe. Seems to me that there's always going to be someone somewhere who feels the need to complain about anything. Let's remember the perfect job does not exist but what is good for one person may not necessarilly be good for someone else.

Low-Pass
18th Aug 2004, 10:17
No RYR for me - First post huh? your not per chance "****ty management.:yuk: " yourself are you? I know that you are JAR OPS 1 but please don't tell me that your crews aren't asked to break their FTLs because we all know that's not true and gives you a lack of credibility. Have fun flying that desk.

Cheers,

LP

P.S. No, I haven't been turned down by NJE either :ok:

LordyLordy
19th Aug 2004, 10:09
So who was this 'trainer' who by his own admission didn’t understand the FTLs – perhaps he could read the English version is in the Part A. Personally I think the Portuguese FTLs are just fine. Unlike many companies in the UK and USA I think that while I might be ready for my bed at the end of the day (if we’re busy) I’m never fatigued - unlike many of my friends flying long haul with the majors or low cost stuff.

The only thing I do find fatiguing is the constant sniping from people who don’t work for the company.

So if you don’t like NetJets please don’t join, but please give those of us who are perfectly happy a break.

:D

melia
19th Aug 2004, 13:55
Lordylordy maybe I didn’t explain myself, of course he understood the FTL’s he was being told that in the Netjets ops manual it stated the crew needed a minimum of 3 hours to do a split duty he only had 2 hours from touchdown to his next scheduled departure.

Operations had informed him that they had a Portuguese agreement with INAC that allowed them to ignore the rules, but it was written in Portuguese therefore the trainer wouldn’t understand it so there was no point faxing it to him!!

Sounds great I am glad you are happy with your professional outfit.

Good Luck

Ps Do not bother sticking up for yourself or your colleges as your management say divide and rule!

I was always taught a union is a sign of bad management find your voice!

Haffa
20th Aug 2004, 05:41
Just one threat. Nothing has improved since then.
And by the way why dont you sak PPRUNE Management about theirexperiences with Netjets ?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=52650&highlight=netjets