PDA

View Full Version : the pension

staircase
10th Aug 2004, 10:12
I left the Royal Air Force 20 years ago with a letter to say that I would be entitled to a pension on reaching the age of 60.

I have been unable to find out how much that pension is now worth, or how to go about claiming it.

Can anyone tell me who to contact?

RubiC Cube
10th Aug 2004, 11:12
AFPAA
Joint Services Pensions
Mail Point 480
Kentigern House
65 Brown Street
Glasgow
G2 8EX

Tel 0141 224 3600

staircase
11th Aug 2004, 09:32
Thanks , but I sent them a letter 3 months ago and had no reply.

I will however, have another go.

RubiC Cube
11th Aug 2004, 11:04
Innsworth will just redirect you to Glasgow

airborne_artist
11th Aug 2004, 11:14
Send the next letter by registered post, and follow up with a letter to your MP if nothing heard after 21 days.

KENNYR
11th Aug 2004, 12:11
It took a few months but I received a letter outlining my pension from Glasgow. They sent some useful booklets to help me decide what I wanted to do with it. They would not speculate on the value of the pension at age 60, but did give me the "current" value. Give them a call at 0141 224 2524 or military 9(4561) 2524.

sad sad sad
11th Aug 2004, 13:08
This info will probably only help if the Pension has already been awarded - but Paymaster might just be able to point you in the right direction.

Contacting Paymaster
We have established a multi media Communications Centre to enable us to deal with your enquiries as quickly as possible. If you have a question about your pension or wish to tell us about a change in your circumstances, such as a new address, bank or building society account, please call us. If you call to notify us of an account change, please have your old and new payment details to hand. We will endeavour to deal with your enquiry or change your details straight away. When contacting Paymaster please make sure you quote your Paymaster reference number and National Insurance Number and include a daytime telephone number if possible. We will aim to respond to your enquiry within 5 working days, although it can take up to 10 working days for a reply to be issued. Please remember that if you telephone, fax or e-mail Paymaster it may be necessary for us to reply by post. The Paymaster Communications Centre is open from Sam to 6pm Monday to Friday. However, our lines are always extremely busy on a Monday. If your call is not urgent you may find it more convenient to contact us between Tuesday and Friday. Please call 0870 197 1510 (Army)
0870 197 1520 (Royal Navy)
0870 1971530 (RAF) If you live abroad and want to telephone Paymaster please call:
+441293591959 The AFPS endorse the fact that abusive verbal behaviour will not be tolerated and any such calls will be terminated. Calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes. Our address is: PAYMASTER, RUSSELL WAY, CRAWLEY,
WEST SUSSEX, RH101UH Our fax number is: 01293 604024 Our e-mail address for general enquiries is: [email protected] Please do not use e-mail to notify us of a change in your personal details e.g. a change of address or banking details. Changes to personal details must still be notified by telephone or in writing. A copy of this Newsletter has been posted onto our website, which can be visited at www.paymaster.co.uk