PDA

View Full Version : remuster?????

badger baiter
10th Aug 2004, 08:59
I have recently become nca and after enjying a short time at my first posting i wish to go GD(P). How long is OASC looking to keep me in post so that I have paid off my training. Would you think it is wise to push anyway to show interest??? all ideas and advice especially DORIS guys would be helpful cheers

DuckDodgers
10th Aug 2004, 17:22
Suggest you look the LACK of GD(P) they are recruiting at present first before proceeding because the answer is not a lot!

Yeller_Gait
10th Aug 2004, 21:17
It used to be the case that a minimum of 3 years was expected before applying for a commission, though I do not think that figure was ever documented.

No harm in making it known to your 1st RO that you have aspirations to become a pilot, but perhaps the CIO may be able to advise on timing of an application.

Spotting Bad Guys
11th Aug 2004, 04:43
There will be definite period of amortisation for your flying training, although this may only apply to PVR etc rather than advancement such as commissioning.

This period will have been defined by PMA and to be honest the best solution is to talk to your desk officer and/or trade sponsor (the deskie will in all likelihood go to the sponsor anyway for a comment on whether your trade can afford to lose you earlier than planned).

There are many factors at play - is your trade over/undermanned? How tight is the actual manpower vs the LUE at your unit? Is the Sqn accepting the 'gapping' of any posts of your trade?

At the end of the day, the working principle is that you should never be held back from trying to advance yourself - although I have seen this applied in a manner of ways.

Best wishes and good luck.

SBG

left one o clock
12th Aug 2004, 01:14
Mate, I know many NCA (or whatever we are called this week) who have applied for commissions both GD(P) and other. Some were told they couldn't until they had amortised their flying training, others were told to crack on. Those who pressed to test were eventually allowed so to do. It appears that you may be discouraged, but that ultimately you cannot be stopped (from applying that is). However, commisions for GD(P) are like rocking horse s*!t at the moment. Have a look around other threads on this forum. Best of luck either way.