PDA

View Full Version : How many will Air New Zealand need?

purplemonkydishwashr
10th Aug 2004, 04:36
I know there is loads of rumour about ANZ's crew requirements over the next few years. Does anyone know an Accurate(ish) figure of how many new hires they are anticipating in the next 2, 5, .... years? and when (if at all) will the hiring stop.

slamer
10th Aug 2004, 08:02
Interview 8 per Month for approx next 2 yrs

Cloud Cutter
10th Aug 2004, 12:12
It's difficult (if not impossible) to acurately forcast hiring in the long term, but as slamer has indicated, 8 per month is the current interview rate. Notwithstanding any unforeseen circumstances, I don't see why this would change, not sure what the retirement rate is, but fleet expansion, and conversion training account for some of the staffing requirements.

incidentreport
10th Aug 2004, 19:47
Anyone care to share Air NZ's realistic minimum's at the moment?? Heard 4000hrs TT... but not sure about other requirements. Yes I've looked on the website, seen published minimum's... but are they realistic??
I assume that they will only employ from the Regionals?? Do they only take captains?? Or do co's get a look in?? I believe they used to only take captains, but now are prepared to take co's from the likes of Air Nelson... (and possibly Eagle??)

Sqwark2000
11th Aug 2004, 03:19
6mths ago, AirNZ took 2 Eagle Co's with approx. 12 mths experience on turboprops.

Recent Eagle interviewees for AirNZ have all been Capt's.

S2K

slamer
11th Aug 2004, 08:36
Average retirements next 5 yrs, approx 20.2 per/yr, assuming all leave at 60 yr's (Yeh I know!!)

Think you will find a larger number of Regional FO's being interviewed than in the recent past, this is not a result of a shortage of Pilots, but a change of profile of prospective Pilots to allow a more broad weight for age selection. (so they dont end up with ALL new-hires, 40 years old and 15000 hrs)

The Interview process is very transparent, people will be selected from GA and Military on a, best Qualified basis, total hrs are just one part of the points Calculation.

Now is an extremely good time to be joining Air New Zealand

incidentreport
11th Aug 2004, 20:49
slamer
people will be selected from GA and Military on a, best Qualified basis
'Best Qualified' being pilots in the regionals?? Or do you seriously mean that they would take a 2-3000hr GA pilot??

slamer
12th Aug 2004, 09:05
Oppp's, sorry should have said "Regionals"