PDA

View Full Version : New Jock Nag

Antony Richards
9th Aug 2004, 21:22
I have been spammed, jiffed or given the honour of refurbishing the Scottish Horse at R.A.F. Aldergrove.

At the moment the new place will look very bare...

I was wondering if there are any Ppruners out there who are serving or have served with the AAC in N.Ireland over the years who could post any old pictures or storys on this thread so that I can get them printed off and framed.

The Idea is to have an area in the bar which will consist of old pics etc down through the years.

Would be very very gratefull to anyone that can help, the place really needs a spruce up!.

Cheers

Tony Richards

Low Ball
11th Aug 2004, 11:49
If you check the 2004 AAC Journal, which has just been publiched, page 138, you will see there is a book on the subject.

Suggest you buy the book as a start. Hope that helps a bit.

Low Ball

Spot 4
11th Aug 2004, 12:38
Saw this painting at the GAvA Exhibition in London, and it would look good in a AAC bar/Mess.

http://www.gava.org.uk/images/2004_large/240.jpg

Wont come cheap though, unless you get sponsorship. Details from the GAvA website here: http://www.gava.org.uk/

PS The title is "Border Patrol": Too many Mess` try to look like a Holiday Inn nowadays and original Art is lacking in a big way in most RAF Mess`

X-QUORK
11th Aug 2004, 13:00
Stories that relate to the squadron in general, or more particularly the Jock Nag bar Tony ?

Bullet Tooth Tony
11th Aug 2004, 20:38
Tony,

You could always get those pictures of you in the Stripey's Mess from last Friday blown up. :E

You really should have locked the door..............and stayed awake...................and pulled your trousers up....................and perhaps even flushed the chain.:8

Sorry mate, couldn't resist it!

Antony Richards
12th Aug 2004, 06:54
X-QUORK,
Anything regarding the AAC in Ireland over the years really.

Bullet Tooth,
Cheers for that................I wonder just where those pictures will turn up next!.

And for the record

I think that I did fairly well considering that I was stitched up like a kipper!!!

Tony