PDA

View Full Version : FRC's

Ops and Mops
9th Aug 2004, 18:31
Howdy,

Do any of you fine (ex) AEF or ex EFTS aviators have a set of Chipmunk T10 FRC's and/or an aircrew manual kicking about in a dusty drawer or garage?

Ideally I am looking for a set that were current when the aircraft was retired from RAF service in the 90's, however anything would be a bonus.

Drop me a PM if you require more info or you need a replacement to prop up the dining room table! :p

Hope you can help!!

:ok:

Background Noise
9th Aug 2004, 20:55
They didn't the Aircrew Manual we recognise today but had 'Pilots Notes'

Have you googled?:
google (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pilots+notes+chipmunk&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&meta=cr%3DcountryUK%7CcountryGB)

A few sites selling reproductions - not necessarily the most recent though.

MOSTAFA
9th Aug 2004, 21:43
Got an original set last ammended 94 if you want em give me a pm with an address to send them too. Mgt have the FRC's somewhere as well.

mbga9pgf
9th Aug 2004, 22:06
If you are in the Air Force, tried College Hall or trenchard Hall?

Always have copies available. Sure you could always request a copy for loan?

Hope this Helps!

mbga

Ops and Mops
9th Aug 2004, 22:18
Thanks for the responses! :ok:

I might give CHM Library a ring tomorrow and see what they have on the Chippie, although the last time I called the poor lass on the end of the phone didn't seem to know what FRC's were........:suspect:

However, anything anyone has would be given a good home!!

Cheers so far!

chippy63
10th Aug 2004, 08:04
I have a copy of the Pilot's Handling Notes booklet, early 60's vintage, and would be glad to copy it for you if you pm me.

PhoenixDaCat
10th Aug 2004, 08:37
I think that I have a set of FRCs somewhere at home from my days as a staff cadet at 8 AEF. Will try to remember to take a look tonight.

Lima Juliet
11th Aug 2004, 21:10
BBMF still operate Chippies...try them (95721-7906).

LJ

:cool: