PDA

View Full Version : Is being a local Taiwanese with license (no hours) an advantage?

Kerropi
9th Aug 2004, 14:47
Hi,

I was just wondering if being a Local Taiwanese gives you an advantage being employed by EVA/CAL ?? Or do you need the required hours as stated on their website?

How is this in China or HK? do locals (or being Chinese) gives you an advantage?

Sorry for my bad English?

Many pilots I speak in Europe all say why don't you go try look for a job in China (obviously because I am Chinese :D). I always say to them... well I don't meet their requirements because I am low timer / no type.

Tran Minh
10th Aug 2004, 00:43
I personally have a few Taiwanese friends who were able to get jobs in Taiwan with only a few hundred hours. Your age will have a lot to do with it too, or so I heard.

I would definitely try.

Good luck.

Tran Minh

flyinghiro
11th Aug 2004, 21:44
I don't know how many hours you meant by saying you have "no hours" , but my friend who is from Taiwan got 300hrs from doing his training here in Embry Riddle and got hired by both China Airlines and EVA AIR. He had his FAA Multi-Commercial license. Instrument rating aswell ofcourse. I think he's going into training next month for CAL. From what I heard from him, if you have around 300hrs and the above ratings, those two airlines will take you after a quick interview and a sim check. I wish I was from Taiwan!:eek:

Good Luck!

Hiro

Kerropi
12th Aug 2004, 07:16
Thank you all for your replies.

Does anyone have the recruitmentnumber of one of the Taiwanese Airlines? I'll try to call them and ask about my situation.

Although I do not have Taiwanese passport I'll maybe try to obtain one from immigration (My mother is Taiwanese.... I know it will not be easy ... but still can try :D).

Kerropi

Low time ==>> Fresh Frozen ATPL CPL/IR TT:320

E.P.
12th Aug 2004, 09:42
Kerropi. You should most certainly apply. You will be a 747 Capt in no time!! Seriously. :ok:

flyinghiro
12th Aug 2004, 16:20
Yeah, definately go for CAL and EVA. 320 is a perfect number. I dunno much more than that my friend is going to get right seat of either a 744 or an A300. He had around 300.