PDA

View Full Version : 100 SQN Dangerous Animal Caught

STANDTO
8th Aug 2004, 18:28
Using large quantities of tranquiliser (chardonnay) and the Utterly Butterly Girls as distraction, this dangerous creature was finally cornered in the VIP tent at Jurby.

Gents, it was a pleasure, but please keep it on a lead next time

STANDTO
(driver of the yellow and blue Ford Explorer)

http://www.freewebs.com/standto/bad%20bad%20bear.jpg

Time Flies
8th Aug 2004, 20:35
Good to see Terrence is alive and well.

Any chance of a piccie of the Utterly Butterly girls as well!!!

:ok:

TF

STANDTO
9th Aug 2004, 11:49
Glad to Oblige!

http://www.freewebs.com/standto/butterly%202.JPG:D :ok:

Tigs2
9th Aug 2004, 16:15
Sorry to be a little stiff, but i'm not sure that this is not in the spirit of detachment rules! People can get in a lot of s**t with the publication of photos(wives, girlfriends, bosses etc etc)

STANDTO
9th Aug 2004, 18:40
well, its a picture of a teddy bear. Could actually be any teddy bear, merely purporting to be Terrence. No mention of who he was there with, or how he got there. He was in the tent at the behest of the organisers, conversing with the good and the great. At least one Airship present, as well as the Rutan brothers of Scaled Composites and Voyager fame.

The picture with the Utterly Butterly girls is yours truly, and I am not in trouble with either my wife or girlfriend. In fact, I have told Mrs Standto that if either of them ring me, I'm off with the circus.

If any of the Bear's relatives are actually offended, please let me know and I'll pull the post.

STANDTO

Tigs2
9th Aug 2004, 20:32
Standto
many apologies, i'm an arse didn't even see the teddy bear.

STANDTO
10th Aug 2004, 08:57
With the amount of fine wines being consumed, you weren't the only one.

I would rather have been ther off duty, than on!!!!

staircase
10th Aug 2004, 10:19
You young military types have a lot to learn.

One of the first bits of advice I was given when I joined civil aviation was the three things you never take away on trips, detachment etc.,

1. Your wedding ring.

2. Your conscience.

3. Your camera!

Last thing you need on the crewroom wall is a picture of yours truely with a couple of women.

rivetjoint
10th Aug 2004, 11:56
Or offer to let a group of Canadian nurses stay over anytime they're in the UK, or was that just a 617 sqn myth I've been told?

Fox_4
10th Aug 2004, 16:33
Staircase - My god man. Its a piccy of a teddy bear for pitys sake.
Cant see many jealous wives getting pi55ed with that can you?!

I think we are all well aware of det rules. Anyway your cats out of the bag with that "Mile High" program or dont you guys let your wives watch Sky tv!

;)

Capt. Horrendous
15th Aug 2004, 10:05
There is talk that Terrence may be getting his astronaut wings next month. The Utterly Butterly girls would be quite happy for him to remain in orbit though.....

FJJP
15th Aug 2004, 14:23
RJ, no, it wasn't a myth - it happened. Except it wasn't 617 - it was a randy bunch from Waddington, and the Goose schoolies DID pitch up at the Off Mess at Waddo one happy hour!

Wish I'd been there!

And Staircase, we were taught in basic training about the 10 West, 50 North rule [if you've ever heard of it...]

tu chan go
15th Aug 2004, 21:09
It was a sqn that is now at Waddo but at the time, they were still flying the 1000000 rivets in close formation at Lossie. The guilty crew were not on duty when the girlies pitched up mid-week but the on duty crew looked after them and made sure they were never seen in Scotland again.

Kiddala
9th Oct 2004, 11:49
I seen the BBC press release that confirms he went into space, awesome. I thought I might be a little jealous after seeing him in Jurby with the Utterly Butterly girls, I'm green with envy now Bert Rutan has been so kind by letting him ride in his spaceship. During his trip state-side, he was taken to the Reno Air Races were, yes you guessed, he got ANOTHER fantastic flight. I cant wait to see the logbook when the Great North Air Ambulance eventually put this "World Famous" astronautical bear up for auction.

Whoever buys him, please keep posting the pictures, and look after him. He likes a drink or two, pretty girls and fast machines.

Art Field
9th Oct 2004, 14:44
Or is it fast girls and pretty machines?.