PDA

View Full Version : Converting to a Canadian Licence

sonny
7th Aug 2004, 18:58
I currently hold a UK JAA Frozen ATPL with a Multi Engine Instrument Rating. Im looking to move out to Canada with my wife to be and as ive had no luck finding a job in the UK or elsewhere , im seriously considering to convert my licence to a canadian and try to have better luck there. I know that I have to pass my commercial and instrument flying tests and written tests to do this and currently I am trying to find a decent school which could give me the best chance to pass these exams first time. So if anyone could reccommend me flight schools in Canada which are deemed to be of good standards I would be very grateful. Also if anyone knows of exactly what I need to do to convert my licence that would be great.

:cool:

pittss2b
8th Aug 2004, 01:06
Hello

Info about converting all the licences to Canadian Pilot Licences:
http://www.harvsair.com/training/conversions/index.htm

510orbust
27th Aug 2004, 09:32
check your messages

Panama Jack
27th Aug 2004, 10:24
Professional IFR in Boundary Bay (Vancouver area) is one of the best regarded schools in Canada.

hibypassratio
27th Aug 2004, 13:42
Check out Moncton Flight College (MFC) in Moncton, New Brunswick. Excellent operation. They won't try and screw you. They will tell you what has to be done and they will assist you to get it done as quickly as you are able, not as expensively as you are able.

L_T
4th Sep 2004, 11:23
"Another almost hidden charge is the .4 they put on top over every flight for taxi time"

You mean they charge you once the hobb's meter starts running, right???

MOTHERGOOSE
4th Sep 2004, 21:02
Sonny,

Why dont you check out Harvs Air in Manitoba, I was there and found them to be very good, a tad cold in the winter but you get used to it. excellent group of instructors and oh, there were no hidden charges there.

MG.

sonny
7th Sep 2004, 00:46
many thanks guys for the advise and help its very much appreciated.:ok:

wingsoverwater
24th Sep 2004, 16:17
ropeadope,

I am german, living in Canada and always thought about moving to Australia.. Converted everything into CPL/IFR Canadian, kept my german ATP though. Do you recommend any flight school/airline in Australia? I checked the big airlines (Qantas..) and they all require citizenship... Is there any airline that doesn't?

Thanks

wingsoverwater
25th Sep 2004, 15:58
:ok: :ok: :ok: :O