PDA

View Full Version : Latc

malaysian eaglet
7th Aug 2004, 12:31
Yes, at the end Langkawi Aerospace Training Centre has succeed to get the Authorisation from the Ministry of Transportation in order to proceed with the DCA ....
Hopefully the operations are going to start very soon...
Now two schools in Malaysia.....
what is your opinion?:confused:

RMT
8th Aug 2004, 09:12
Great to see. Competition can be a good thing. May bring the standards up of not only students, but aircraft, equipment and rewards to all staff

hush_dog88
8th Aug 2004, 17:19
LATC will start on 4th OCt 2004. Apply now.....!!

MAS Monkey
17th Aug 2004, 05:36
LATC: Are in Fanstsy Land.

Where do the instructors come from? MFA
What are standards like at MFA - LOW! What will be the Standards at LATC......

The last flying school in Langkawi (MOFAZ) closed by DCA overnite for some irregularities. Both Langkawi Organisations have the same Principal.

LATC will recieve MAS cadets only to prove that no one in malaysia can effectively train pilots. Ultimately MAS gets what they want. Australian Trained Pilots.

Good on you MFA & LATC.

speedtwoten
17th Aug 2004, 06:17
MAS monkey, just to remain read what coolguy posted on 15 june 2004 > Malaysian Airlines requirement:cool:

Flying Crap
17th Aug 2004, 08:35
For the instructors leaving MFA, yes it is true a large part of them has left MFA But it is because they were fighting against the current management and its vision of the Civil Aviation future and the standards promoted.
I do not know the full Mofaz story, but as far as I know they have stopped because of a poor financial management.
I have heard LATC is fully owned by a very proeminent corporate figure very well known for maintening the highest standarts in his shipping company: I guess it will be the same with his flying school.
True, MAS is surveying the LATC built up and apparently, they do not want again the same result

PicMas
19th Aug 2004, 10:27
So....

Who knows the website for LATC??

Did several searches without any luck

Just curious to see....

halfscaledelfection
19th Aug 2004, 12:32
it's bout time...MFA probably monopolizing everything. Better for ppl like myself who've suffering the wraith of converting a license/abridge course/++

Flying Crap
20th Aug 2004, 08:03
The LATC website is under construction. It will be : www.latc.com.my.
LATC is still in the DCA approval process, so no accurate date can be given. However around December/ January private batches are scheduled. More information: 03 273 05099