PDA

View Full Version : Cathay first interview

Nick 1
7th Aug 2004, 08:10
Hi there, does anybody know what i've to expect , during very fist
Cathay interview, that will take place in amsterdam ?
Thanks ...

Altyre
31st Aug 2004, 17:41
Hi Iarmo
I can't believe that no one replied to this topic in almost a month! Shame on my fellow pilots!
OK here it goes: it's pretty intense from what I understand (mine is next Monday in Paris), you will have to take a technical test, multiple choice, 30 questions in 30mn. Then an hour long intvw with a pilot and someone from human resources most probably. HR person will ask you about your career, why CX, what you know about Hong-Kong, things like these. Then the pilot might bring a model aircraft and ask you what you know about it. Also he should ask questions about performance and aerodynamics (remember you want to work for an anglo-saxon influenced company!).
You need to read and KNOW "Handling the big jets" from D.P. Davies and there is a good book called "Preparing your CX interview" by Captains X,Y and Z. Another good one is "Ace the technical pilot interview" by Gary Bristow: you can find these books here www.transair.co.uk One last one is "Airline interview questions explained, study syllabus plus CX section". It is Australian and you will find it on the web.
Hope this is enough information, I don't want to scare you but there is a lot to prepare, hope your interview isn't next week!!!
Good luck

31st Aug 2004, 18:14
Very nice reply Altyre. Good on ya mate! And all the best of luck and hard work to you at your interview! :ok:

creasian
31st Aug 2004, 19:26
can someone tell me how to go about applying for the cadet program even tho i dont have PR in HK. seems like a lot of you can get interviews outside of HK which I dont understand. Some clarifications on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Koyo
31st Aug 2004, 23:09
There's the cadet program and direct entry. Cadet program is for HK PR and the direct entry is for any pilots who already got their license and have some hours under their belt. I believe this thread is referring to direct entry.

Nick 1
6th Sep 2004, 19:01
Hi Altyre ! I' ve just read your post .......thanks for your information.
Anyway also I was scheduled today for the interwiew, and was exactly as you write in your post.
Seems we had the interwiew on the same day.
What about yours ?
I wish you the very best !
Bye.

Altyre
10th Sep 2004, 07:28
Hi Iarmo
Yep, had mine on Monday afternoon. I guess they sent the big guys for us : chief flight instructor Airbus and Boeing manager! They looked like they knew a thing or two about aviation! Anyway, they were very nice and put me at ease, I think it went fine, I knew the answers to most of the technical questions. It's too bad they didn't ask me anything about Hong-Kong or Cathay's History because I had studied that a lot (thanks to Silberfuchs).
The only thing you can't know is whether they liked you or not, I guess I'll find out soon!
Good luck to you

medflyer
17th Sep 2004, 00:55
I have an initial interview coming up in November and am looking for aircraft info specific to their fleet; ie: what type of engines do they use on the various types, etc.

I think they use Rolls Royce?

Any other weblinks other than pprune and the Cathay website that would help with the tech side?