PDA

View Full Version : Criminal conviction and employment?

Pappa Smurf
7th Aug 2004, 01:33
Morning,
Just enquiring what affect a criminal charge in the early days will have on future employment.
In other words,do companies ask for a police clearance in the country you reside,and or,if you are trying for an overseas position.

Many thanks.

Steve76
7th Aug 2004, 04:00
Yes.
Working for many 1st world governments will require a criminal record search in that country. Ie: Police (duh...) and EMS.

Working Visas and entry to the USA as well.

Spunk
7th Aug 2004, 08:35
... and once you've got the job they want you to be a criminal:
do not comply with your flight duty times, operate below minimum safe altitude, fly in IMC though you are not rated nor equipped properly, fly offshore without the appropriate equipment, land/Take-off from elevated helipads with single engined a/c being at MTOM, make off-airport landings without the appropriate permission etc etc.
:yuk: :} :yuk:

SASless
7th Aug 2004, 17:44
Ah...but Spunk....the concern is over "convictions" ! ...pure company gain is acceptable....it is when "personal" gain enters into the picture that most firms get humpy!

Ask the senior management at Air Log about that concept!

Gomer Pylot
8th Aug 2004, 04:57
I can't agree with you on this, SASless. Most company management personnel are very much for personal gain, as long as it's their own personal gain. :yuk:

Leftpedal
8th Aug 2004, 14:51
I've got a (hem hem) "friend" with a (spent) criminal record, and when he applied to the Police in the UK for a letter, it came back saying he was not known to them.

I've heard that the data protection act means that they can't give details of spent convictions - don't know if that's the reason.