PDA

View Full Version : First 737 hours

uno cheater
6th Aug 2004, 04:31
Cant get a job with out a rating, So you get a rating and then they still wont employ you because you have no flight experience.

Then how did all those crew out there flying 737 get there first hours to begin with?

Which airlines will employ a guy with no time on jets but with good turbo prop time and a rating!

Or are you lot sneaking up by adding pencil time to you log book eh? how did you do it. Did you lie you way up

Slim20
6th Aug 2004, 08:43
How about a dubious TRSS entry scheme like easyJet's? 1000hrs with turbo time will get you a fighting chance - unfortunately you will have to pay back all of your training costs by a pay cut and 5-year bond if successful!

Still its probably worth it if that's where you want to be!

flaps to 60
6th Aug 2004, 11:07
Uno

Try BMI baby....had heard that they took on low hour chaps with a self sponsored type rating on the 737Classic ......you know low cost and all that.

Good luck but tread carefully

FatFlyer
6th Aug 2004, 21:41
Parker pen hours?
This has never been a problem in the UK as far as I know, anyone found guilty of writing experience in their log book which they don't have and getting a job ought to be prosecuted.

I have heard it suggested that a number of pilots from the other side of the world may have done this and got jobs, I know of some who claim a few thousand hours on a multi-turboprop whose flying ought to be a lot better with the experience they claim. The CAA are unlikely to check so they may get away with it.
sorry about the libel(or is it slander)

Bus Junkie
26th Aug 2004, 23:31
First 737 hours
Cant get a job with out a rating, etc....

Itsa catcha 22, catcha 22 the besta catcha there is.

And then you have 10K hours with 4K in the A320 series with 1.8K as captain and you are not qualifted for a 737 job even though typed with no time in type! Life goes on, just enjoy it while you are there.

Sir Donald
27th Aug 2004, 14:22
Fat Flyer, I shall excuse your arrogance and limited view of the real world, as to your comment about people from the other side of the word writing hours in their logbook, shows the lack of knowledge that you have about today’s industry. The same people from the other side of the world are quite respected on this side of your limited world. Ask anybody that has flown with somebody outside of the United States of Europe, and that respect is gained from flying hundreds of hours single pilot single engine, then multi’s and finally multi crew turboprops after about 2000 to 3000 hours of solid single pilot charter/freight flying in very remote areas with no mod cons that you have here. That is real experience. All this bull about bad habits it is simply an invented science. GA is virtually non existent here, so what does HR come up with to aid and shorten their selection process of thousands of 200 hour experienced candidates - ability to train and learn and all the physiological crap associated with it.
Take a look at the antipodean statistics on air safety and then compare.
Please go ahead and write all the hours that you wish if you are after a short career in aviation.
It shows in ones flying ability and mental capacity. You can spot the lack of experience from a mile away. A guy claimed he had 4000 hours on all sorts including single pilot high performance turbine twin time, yet the guy could not even transmit a proper radio call, in his own country mind you, where all this parker experience came from in the first place.

Do not be tempted to try to write hours instead try to write more and more CV’s and keep writing the useless bit of paper until such time that you get a response.

G’day
SD

FatFlyer
29th Aug 2004, 18:08
No problem with someone who has built up the experience you quote getting a job over here.
Problem with someone from other end of planet claiming 4000 hours flying a bandit, put them in the sim to convert to a JAR/IR and finding they cannot even to a climbing turn on instruments or as you say make basic RT calls, suspicious that their claimed experience may be false but puts them ahead in the job market.
They probably get away with it as our CAA don't check.
No arrogance intended, flying around the bush single crew should be given more value than it is, but I have personal experience of a number of pilots claiming this level of flying which from their performance I very much doubt.