PDA

View Full Version : China Airlines Interview again

uno cheater
6th Aug 2004, 04:22
In the last topic on interviews everyone drifter off track?

Could we pease have some focused discussion on what exactly happens in the China Airlines Interview.

Could readers past and present please provide best information for future pilots that are hoping to one day experience the world of big jets like you guys.

What happens in the interview, sim check and whats with the hugh health evaluation. Why do so many people fail the basic helth check, the obviously have passed a medical to hold a licence? So what is CAL looking for!

How can a wanna be make it into the world you take for granted.

Please no more complaining. Because the way I see you guys are the luckiest in the world. Flying Boeing aircraft, living in the tropics and getting paid.

Left Wing
6th Aug 2004, 05:01
Please any one with real help to offer ! How real is the min requirements or is it like, CX they say 1000hrs for SO but realy looking at 3000hrs plus jet time.

Tom74
6th Aug 2004, 08:21
What do you want to know?

Basically the interview is very pleasant.
Written test is multiple choice mostly on technical stuff, atpl...
Sim check varies depends if you are typed,

Medical test is a big show. Previous medical certificate has no bearings on whether you will pass. Lot of tests. Must be medically clean I guess...I am still waiting for my result though.

Generally, from what I observed and asked around, it is a pleasant airline. ( I am sure many would jump at me and dispute this). They are paying market value. I am not sure if I will be offered but it just sound too good to let the offer go. Life and operations, you will need to ask a guy who are currently working there.

Send me a PM if you want to know more abt the screening process.

wigwag
6th Aug 2004, 08:35
Tom 74

check your pm

cheers

E.P.
6th Aug 2004, 12:56
DANG!! uno cheater, your broken, inarticulate, mispelt OZtralian reads almost.................Chinese. :E

shadow2
6th Aug 2004, 14:22
Sort of related to the CAL interview/hiring, ............
Can anyone provide an email or phone number for following up on the application inside CAL, a person in recruitment/hiring preferably, I received a request for additional information and was told "to standby for notice", I know it takes time but I have not received a followup response.
Thank you.

uno cheater
6th Aug 2004, 21:26
Poor E.P. Like so many narrow minded people, you get so fixated on insignificant details that you can not see the trees for the forest.

The big picture that escapes you E.P. is because you lack vision.

The problem is not with every one else but simply lies within the person you see in the mirror?

E.P.
7th Aug 2004, 02:50
Uno old boy,

"War hun kwai ler"

How about you?

E.P.:ok:

typhoonpilot
7th Aug 2004, 03:11
Dude, lose the Beijing accent. :p

TP

E.P.
11th Aug 2004, 08:06
Now uno 'ol chum. Why did you suddenly change your place from Australia to Neverland?? Are you incredibly wealthy and just purchased Michael Jacksons pad?? Huh, Huh ?? :E

uno cheater
11th Aug 2004, 09:03
What are you trying to do E.P? Make a friend. What’s wrong, can't you find anyone locally that complains as much as you do! I guess not because you’re always here at PPRUNE crying for an opportunity to be sarcastic and laugh at the misfortune of others.

Oh poor E.P. You think the whole world is against you. Why don't you take your miserable attitude out for a swim or perhaps go out and have a dance. You never know, you just may make someone smile.

You know what they say??????????????

Deske1
11th Aug 2004, 15:46
Dear All,

I have an offer from CAL for B744 F/O,starting on 3rd Sept.

I have read all the opinions about the airline.

I have headache for the following things:

-What is the possibility for any invasion/attack from the mainland China in the coming years?I am reading the daily press and those news are frightening me a little bit.

-What about the job stability?I mean can I count for a longer period (lets say 5 years) working there or are/were there any firing or severe paycut?

I am moving there not to expect left seat so please send me any info about the 2 issue above,post either here or by PM.

Thanks for your comments,

Deske

E.P.
12th Aug 2004, 01:45
uno, YOU ARE A CRACK UP!! :ok: No need to swim (in Taipei....ooooohhh) or dance, you keep me more than happy, happy, happy. :{

But seriously, why did you change your origin from Australia to Neverland?? :suspect:

Deske 1 Come on down and make the most of it. Your attitude seems fine, so just keep your head down and smile when the stick shaker wakes you up. :uhoh:

Deske1
12th Aug 2004, 19:31
E.P. you have made my day!

But apart from that I really need some answers for the above mentioned questions.

So,how long can I stay at CAL and what is the chance for an aggressive step from the mainland?
I really need a picture about it.
Also,I would appretiate any info about the training and how often people fail?

E.P.
13th Aug 2004, 02:28
Deske 1, happy to make your day AND I did so by being honest about CAL, unlike some others. You will not spend more than 10 days in TPE permonth, so you really will not think about the mainland threat. Plenty of beautiful girls and great bars to distract you (not that "uno" would be interested, although there are some "she-male" bars!! heh,heh) while in country. Failure depends on your race. If there are no foreign devils around everyone passes, if there is, the foreign devil will take the hit. As "whores shiiite" said elsewhere, locals first, first, and first. However, I do not have a problem with this per se, it just bugs me when they say the foreign devils "experience" is not worth shiite. :yuk:

You are going onto the 747, so just beware of G****f (expat ) The biggest d-head you will ever come across. Good luck. :O

taipei_high_alt
13th Aug 2004, 07:42
E.P

Your type unfotunately give us all a bad name in some circles.

I think we all know who you are... One of the "angry" Australian Cruise Captains who are unhappy of not getting a command on demand. Here is a clue to get along.. Wait your turn!!

Appologies to Australians who do not complain.

2 points for you.

1. A real simple answer, pack your bags and leave.

2. You are a coward truley you are. You act tuff behind the computer but I'm sure we would ALL love to see you say that recent statment to Mr. Gandour face to face.

Get a life.

To all others concerned when I have time I shall start a new post to give a realistic description of China Airlines.

Kaahboeing
13th Aug 2004, 11:24
I'm sorry rdr,your name is **** forever.

There is no Taiwanese pilot that is not tainted by the brush of your superiores.

CAL pilots (many of those that I have seen perform ) are the worst pilots I have seen in 25 years of flying. Except , I have heard ,he Belgian.
To make your statements rdr you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
You people don't know what you don't known.
You are all babies in the woods.
But as MR. Un said . it is your train set. So. Fu-k up as you may, cra-h as you may, I doint give a sh-t.

To cal,lyourselves professional and airlines pilots is a joke

E.P.
13th Aug 2004, 16:07
"Ja" Horse shiiittee, I now vemember vhere I met ju. You look goot in das fish-nets!! :hmm:

The last time I checked I was sitting in the left seat of a 747-4 with a central European passport & residing in Taipei, but hey, don't let me stand in the way of YOUR hatred of the ozzies!! :uhoh: I flew with one them who liked a beer, seemed ok and didn't bitch like you two girls!!

Interesting first post from High-on-Taipei. You sound a lot like G****f's little gofer. "slurp,sulp." :yuk:

Kaaboeing needs to sober up. Horse and High-boy need to loosen up and remember that this is a rumour network not a personal attack forum. If you two have a problem with those ozzie guys you mention, have the balls to deal with it, just like I did with G****f. Just let the rest of us have some laughs. Now I'm off to the "she-male" bar in down town Amsterdam to watch "horse" at work!!:ok:

taipei_high_alt
13th Aug 2004, 19:37
E.P I truely think you need some serious help mentally. Are you actually flying with that state of mind of yours. If so I urge you to take some time off. Or identify yourself so we don't have to take a risk in flying with you.

You seem to be at a point in your life/career where it is going south very quickly.

With no malice intended, I suggest you get control of yourself man, take time off, and seek help.

There are ways of finding out who you are via URL you know.

Something to think of. By the way I don't see anyone laughing here with you, rather amazed at your ability to bring forth such utter crap form your narrow mind. Good effort, wrong direction .

Deske1
13th Aug 2004, 22:46
Dear All,

Instead of argument,I REALLY NEED your comments mentioned some post ago.:suspect:

E.P.
14th Aug 2004, 02:17
Buuuzzzz!! Both missed by a long shot. Born just east of the Mutherland, worked down unter from '80-'83 then for two other Asian carriers before CAL. Still have many freunde in ozzie land and aviation safety conferences I have attended, have given me an insight to airlines and their inept bosses in ozzie. :p

I just had a read back through the posts, now you two girls really need to have a read of some CRM material, seriously. You have a real hang up with the ozzies and you cannot tell when someone is having a wind up. :sad:

I flew with a fellow who is an RP from down there. 17000hrs, 10,000 as a jet capt and G****f told him his time didnt count??:8

Okay off to bed for me.......Horse, Sie sehen suessig mit diese fish-nets aus!!:E zzzzzzzzzzzzz

rdr
14th Aug 2004, 03:53
Interesting analogy kboeing that my name is **** forever cause, I do not agree with you that all Taiwanese cannot fly!! And now Belgians too. Whats your feel on Eskimo's, or perhaps Maoris??
Your 25 years in flying has'nt taught you much I can see.
Your talk of planes crashing does show an immaturity which I hope you don't regard as professional.
Start looking over your shoulder mate, in this game, things can happen when you least expect it.
Good luck.

taipei_high_alt
14th Aug 2004, 06:58
Horst Scmitt I agree. No need for his URL if people know this guy. Perhaps a quiet word over a beer may settle the temper.

Deske1, standby, when I have time I will answer your questions.

Deske1
14th Aug 2004, 09:08
Right Horst,it is clear for me.

But how does it looks like now at CAL?

Of course I dont expect to project the perfect picture.Yes if anything goes wrong I am the first to be out of the door.
They state that the length of contract is for 5 years after that indefinetly till age 60.

I am working now for govmnt owned airline,and every year I hear that there is no need for my work.

taipei_high_alt
14th Aug 2004, 21:32
Deske1, It certainly is not perfect but it is getting better. There are a large number of expats and locals (frankly I think we should just say pilots) who are happy here.

No Airline is perfect. But China Airlines is what you make of it. Keep a good attitude and you will enjoy.

uno cheater
15th Aug 2004, 00:55
Poor E.P.

Cant you hear what your reading.

I suggested you take your miserable attitude out for a swim, meant you should jump in and don’t come back.

Sadly I also suggested that you go out for a dance and see what is like to make some one smile. This was an attempt to help you see that there is more to life than wasting it on a computer.

Your remarks about the pretty girls in Taiwan indicate that you are alone and single, with out the loving emotional support of a family?

I must agree with other posters that have started adding up all of your comments and have concluded that you are mentally unstable. This is evident by your snap remark after my last message. Do you shake or feel dizzy when conflict or pressure arises. How would you feel after a tap on the chin?

I too have read your many postings which amount to an array of odd remarks written by someone who is not quite oneself almost as if they are an confused or suffer dementia.

Further I think we notice that as soon as we have made a remark poor E.P is soon to follow. Like a bad smell you are right on us like a preying voyeur. This is also remarkable in that you claim to be a China Airlines 747 Pilot. It just does not add up that you can be at a computer every day yet fly the long sectors involved with flying?

We must also examine your constant remarks to lip service, captains on beds, captains stick shaker, slurp slurp? Are these remarks Freudian slips of your subconscious desires?

I think that you are nothing more than a lonely old poof who cannot get a hard on. Don’t despair though because as in life your worthless waste of skin carcass will again experience a hard on when rigger mortis sets in.

I think its is time to start ignoring the ranting remarks of sexually frustrated homosexual who is suffering from dementia. Your life has deteriorated to a point where you have forgotten the essence of life its self and all you live for is the next perverse desire or fantasy which plagues your diminishing grip on reality.

For the well being and safety of others you must retire and move into a quality retirement village where you can receive the help that everyone agrees you need.

The signs are everywhere, read them before it’s to late!

Deske1
15th Aug 2004, 06:39
Dear taipei_high_alt

Check your PM please

RFN
15th Aug 2004, 08:18
Pull-up, Pull-up, its all turning quite savage, boys and girls. Literally getting below the belt!!

Some people just want the facts about CAL. I have friends who have left, and some who have chosen to stay (at least for the short term). They have/are both in LHS/and RHS. Most are former Capts; all are/were experienced airline pilots.

From what I can read between the lines, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Basically, if you are an expat captain, it’s not a bad deal for those guys, especially if you are used to the same cultural idiosyncrasies.

It’s an entirely different story if you happened to be an expat CC; RP; F/O wanting a career path, which naturally includes command upgrades down the track. In a nutshell, IT AIN’T GONNA HAPPEN!!

They say 3-5 years from start date, but historically, that’s bull****e. I’ve been told by reliable sources both past and present that only 2-4 command upgrades have occurred from the entire expat RH seaters in the last 4 years, and only on the 744 fleet (not bad for approx 150 pilots)!
However, if you are content with the lack of career path; have basic flying qualifications; lack ambition; then this maybe this is the right job for you!

There is a huge pilot turn over, which isn’t all related to the buoyancy of the industry, but rather the poor moral of the workforce, both for local and expats. While they will recognize your prior experience during the interview process, it isn’t worth anything once you have signed on the dotted line. Frustrating for some, especially if told it will put you in good stead for promotion. What the right hand tells you, the left doesn’t!!!

In a nutshell, if you want a career path as an expat CC/RP/FO in CAL, it is not the best career move you will make, unless of course you are faced with immediate unemployment. If you are a current capt and offered the above positions, do so at your own peril, unless of course you now how to cry into your pillow at night.

Some stay for obvious reasons, but many choose not too. The choice is yours!

E.P.
15th Aug 2004, 16:42
Geezzz, a guy goes for some quick gland therapy and look what happens........ :}

Pferdemist, die Schweinshaxe, of course I miss Ansett. You obviously have not travelled "internal" in Australia since it collapsed. Mrs E.P. and entourage have crossed ozzie off the holiday list. :{ Also, my ozzie freund thinks you must be on der Kunststoff jet. He tells me your total lack of CRM skill equals your ability in the sim!! I also see elsewhere that you consider ALL Ansett pilots 'scabs' and you hate CX management. Gosh!! what can this mean?? Das Arschloch...Jawohl!!!

uno, uno, uno......

Okay, here is uno at his/her CAL interview;

"uno, why did you change your pprune origin from Australia to Neverland?"
"I'm confused....I have dementia....I cannot get a hard on..."

"That's ok uno. What if the Capt punches you in the arm on final?"
"I'm shaking, I feel dizzy...I'm going to tap you on the chin!..."

"Riiiighht. Now uno, what if the stick shaker comes on?"
"What is that bad smell preying on meeeeee!!!" :\

uno. lighten up. Which one of us (including your chump pals) is just having some fun??:} If your skin is this thin in hyperspace, then the real world of CAL would eat you alive. Better that you stay in Neverland and play with Bubbles the chimp .:ok:

RFN oooohhh! Not allowed to tell the truth here. Didn't you know?? :E

International Trader
16th Aug 2004, 01:52
Calm down all of you.
Several things are apparent here.

1. Some or all are getting hot under the collar.
2. people want to take their frustration out somewhere.
3. To do searches, on past posts, to try and find out who some guy is ( EP), is pretty sick. You have to ask your self, why? Most of what he writes gives me a laugh. Others should take it that way.
4. Morale at CAL is lower than low.
5. from 4, most can see that it is not the best place to be, and that is being kind.

The blame for all of this must be laid on the company.

In all honesty, the Australians are some of the best pilots that I have flown with.....ever.
They do have much more experience and ability than those being upgraded at present or past.
Yes, they have a right to be angry because they were lied to by CAL

I think I was told that there has only been one upgrade of an expat to captain in the past ( 744). Do any of you really think this will change?

Yes, locals in all companies like this get preferential treatment.
They employ expats to look after the weak ones. Why else would they want you?
Calm down boys . Direct you anger or disappointment where it belongs.
None of you deserve this, local or expat.

To those thinking of coming:
Captains bearable if you can manage to escape the system of shifting blame and punishment. Better pays and condituions elsewhere.

F/Os RPs, forget it. You are wasting your time and you still may not escape the blame shift or punishment.
You are there to put together a multi race crew . Obviously it is better for them if they keep you on a lower pay and they still have someone to fly with local captains. The local commands will only increase therefore there will be no promotions.
A waste of your time

There are so many jobs now, especially for Airbus people.
I am even considering better conditions and less agrivation elsewhere.

Sick Squid
18th Aug 2004, 21:17
Jeez, I head off for a few days, get back to a computer, and look at this nonsense, will you?

Several of the major players above have been banned from the Far East Forum.. whether or not I let them back in again depends on many things, but in the light of the above we can all do without such banal, infantile, irresponsible bandwidth-wasting drivel.

If you feel like getting rid of some excess energy in future, go rent "Debbie Does Dallas" and pull your collective plonkers in private rather than on this public forum. I don't think I've ever seen my time wasted so much as the above thread. A genuine question here, a plea from the starter not to drift who then procedes to drift it further than measurable by modern science, someone else valiently tries to keep the thread on tack.... meanwhile the Far-East Forum Synchronised Self-Abuse Team perform their diversionary manouveres on each other with Olympian panache.

Don't do it again...