PDA

View Full Version : Doing Flt Release + W&B on my Laptop

747CLASSIC
6th Aug 2004, 03:11
I operate old "steam gauge" aircraft (B747"Classics"). I am fairly new to computing and don't have a deap techno background. I would like to be able to complete a Flight Release, Load Sheet and/or Log Page on my laptop and then print out a copy on the aircraft. It would even be nice to be able to plug my laptop into the internet after the flight and e-mail the data to Dispatch!
I am sure there are versions of this being done at the big airlines, but I am still in the stone age.
Any ideas, suggestions, comments? Does anyone have a program available for free, very cheap or can someone write a program cheaply?
Looking forward to any and all comments!

Classic

Naples Air Center, Inc.
6th Aug 2004, 04:15
747CLASSIC,

What you are looking for can be done on something as simple as an M$ Excel Spread Sheet. (Just plug in your formulas into the Spread Sheet.) ;)

Take Care,

Richard

mutt
6th Aug 2004, 04:51
747Classic,

Try asking Boeing about their Laptop Tool, they might have the required databases for the 747 Classic. Failing that, track down a BBJ crew and ask for a demonstration of the program, it should give you some ideas of what can be done.

Just bear in mind that you might encounter legality problems if you try to power the laptop from the aircraft!

Mutt.