PDA

View Full Version : What is Going On @ Euroskylink

LGW Vulture
5th Aug 2004, 16:42
A colleague of mine is owed money by them, the new Avanti is up for sale already - only 25 hrs TT. Something amiss here, what's going on? :confused:

Daifly
5th Aug 2004, 21:29
Funnily enough Vultch me old mucker, I thought exactly the same!

Strange to put the aircraft up for sale quite so soon after accepting the delivery!?

AlanM
6th Aug 2004, 18:33
G-ESLH - their nice and new Agusta 109 is flying around a lot - but usually using other companies callsigns!

Both were nice and shiny at Farnborough 3 weeks back.

(Maybe they had a for sale sign in the window when on static display!)

what who me?
6th Aug 2004, 20:46
LGW Vulture, me thinks your colleague has been had!

AlanM
6th Aug 2004, 22:24
So it isn't for sale?!??!!?!?

Nice colours on the "Fleet" though....

http://www.pbase.com/image/31738825.jpg

Daifly
7th Aug 2004, 15:17
Was advertised in either Flight or GBJ through Thierry Boutsen.

At the moment it's not on his site though.

LGW Vulture
7th Aug 2004, 18:11
Daifly......is the heli also for sale, or just the P180? Saw the Avanti advertised in World Aircraft Sales.

Daifly
8th Aug 2004, 18:12
Pass. No idea - try to avoid the whirling blade of death...! :D

There's nothing on Sloane's list yet.

surely not
12th Aug 2004, 10:32
My info suggests it is just the Avanti........... great shame. How can they mis manage so badly as to take delivery and not have the P180 on their AOC? Someone should be removed for such a gross failing! The Avanti is a superb aircraft and would make mince meat of the King Air and Citations in the exec charter market.

rotatrim
13th Aug 2004, 21:33
Both the A109 and the Avanti were flying last week and I heard that there's at least one person due to start a Type Rating on the Avanti.

kirstys_little_man
3rd Sep 2004, 23:41
Heard they may be looking at something bigger & jet powered. Apparently, they recently had a Hawker 800/BAe125 (N59BR?) in Coventry for a demo to ESX.

KLM

kirstys_little_man
14th Sep 2004, 22:48
Anybody heard much on these guys recently? Haven't seen either of the Avantis recently & last time I was around Coventry, their Agusta whirlybird was using a "Sloane" callsign.

Cheers
KLM

we_never_change
3rd Oct 2004, 19:42
Euroskylinks Avanti departed Coventry for Inverness around midday today on the start of its long delivery flight to its new owner in the US. It arrived at Inverness with just 37 hours TT.

Currently they are just operating the Agusta A109 with a rumour circulating that they are looking either Hawker 800XPs (BAe125's) or Citation 550Bravos.

WNC

Daifly
4th Oct 2004, 20:51
So why get rid of the much hailed Avanti so soon? And it's quite a leap up to the 800... Never really thought there was that much business out of the Midlands either...?

All seems a bit strange really...

we_never_change
4th Oct 2004, 21:27
As for business out of the Midlands, the Avanti was quite active out of Coventry & Birmingham doing medevac flights although it (the original leased example, IFXRF) spend quite alot of time positioning around the country (quite often to Luton).

WNC

Roger Dee
7th Oct 2004, 19:37
Sounds like they went out of business a day or 2 ago. The Management just couldn't compete in the big boys world of business aviation. The 109 is now up for sale. Great shame for those who worked their nuts off to try keep it afloat - all in vain.

Super Ted
18th Oct 2004, 08:56
Just to kill the usual rumours, a few facts.

Euroskylink has closed its fixed wing operations as of last week. The A109 will continue to operate AOC & private flights, the reason some of you may here "Sloane" callsign, its operated under Sloane Helicopters AOC.

Everyone at ESL worked their backsides off to get the market to accept the Piaggio, some more than others! After a lot of work it began to work. In june and july it totalled 130hrs! A lot of work for one aircraft and minimum crew! Unfortunately all this work was in vein. The owner decided he didn't like the Piaggio anymore so sold it! This is one of the problems corporate operators have, owners have the final say!

The 125 that was spotted was owned by the buyer of the new Piaggio, he was down grading!

Unfortunately for ESL, the cancelling of the Piaggio posed a few problems for the Brokers. They all put a lot of effort into getting their clients on board the Piaggio. This was a great shame and I personally thank all of them for all their hard work. You know who you are!

Anyway I hope this answers all of your questions?

Im off to find another job!

:p