PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Purple Ball

Stu Finn
5th Aug 2004, 13:44
All mil pilots!!!! I want to organise a ball/party in london for anyone on course or who has Army/Navy/RAF/RM wings. It will be for you and your friends/guests. As we are a purple orientated bunch (UK) I thought it would be a gleaming night.

Any thoughts?

Am aiming for August next year and I'm hoping for around 300-400 people. Cost £40-£50

Ideally the junior Officers and ncos but I imagine I'll get some seniors pitching up too.

Has this ever been done? Suggestions welcome.

I can be found on ARRSE too.

cheers!

Spot 4
5th Aug 2004, 16:53
I bet theres a free ride home in a black Omega in it for you as well!

I heard rumours (from Beagle amongst others) of officialdom playing at detective, wonder if this one is part of that. As there have already been PPrune bashes at Gatwick, why have one just for military folk other then to note the willing contributors who no doubt will be asked to wear little badges with ones "handle" on.

Must go, theres a big car just pulled up...................

........... and Admin Guru is aready in the back:

Carruthers; I need a beer

JessTheDog
5th Aug 2004, 19:34
We are maybe in danger of getting too hung up on "officialdom". If I posted under my real name and rank, with comments along the lines of "my Stn Cdr's a tw@t" (he isn't, just to be safe ;)) then I would be setting myself up. There is nothing on this board that isn't said in the average crewroom or bar, particularly after recent announcements!

My private correspondence is just that - private! Where I post emails is my business and, if asked, I would say just that. And, if disciplined, then instead of a pseudonym, it will be a letter in the Telegraph and HRA98 articles 8 and 10, thank you very much!:E

BEagle
5th Aug 2004, 19:45
How touchingly naiive... Believe me!

MrBernoulli
5th Aug 2004, 20:20
........and BEagle would know just HOW naive that comment is!

Gainesy
5th Aug 2004, 21:31
'Ello Plod,

There seems to be a Kamikaze will among JOs to do a tapdance in front of 'Arry these days.

Or is it just Plod fishing?

PS Whatever happennd to Admin Guru?
Guinea A Minute Wind Up "Blunty"!

PPS Always thought t'were yer man Stoppers or Tonks.

Spot 4
6th Aug 2004, 00:14
The last chap who did the Telegraph with his own name got a one sided chat with Big Brother that he does not like to talk about even now, and he is a top bloke that sadly does not do PPrune.

Admin Guru became a dad and grew up, or so I`m led to believe. Rumour is that there may be a Mrs Guru now to. His name is :mad: for now. ....and he is not a blunty, well not by trade anyhow.

Av18tor
6th Aug 2004, 06:31
Wonder how good the security would be? Just think, the chance for Al to down all the UK's Mil a/c in one go. Think this could be a quiet event held in a phone box somewhere near Leicester Square!:E :E