PDA

View Full Version : Miami - SXM

ovum
5th Aug 2004, 04:16
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone could provide any info on the cheapest way to get from Miami to St. Maarten (SXM) please? All I've got so far from travel companies here in Sydney is about $635USD for an airfare (which seems kinda high judging by the distance of just over 1000NM i believe) but they don't have any local companies on their books...just wondering if anyone knows of any cheaper options?

I'm looking to travel there in mid-late October and Miami seems to be the place for the layover between Sydney and SXM but flights from Miami to Princess Juliana seem to be hell expensive from there on.

Thanks in advance!

ovum :ok:

Panama Jack
5th Aug 2004, 07:35
Depending of course when you are going, American Airlines shows fares as low as $500 USD on their website around that time of year. Aeropostal flies for $211 RT to Caracas, and for $99 RT to Curacao (from Caracas). Don't know if there is a seaborne way of getting to the island. Hope this helps somewhat though. Good luck.

spm
27th Aug 2004, 17:49
Your best bet for getting to SXM cheaper from Aussie is to go thru canada. October is a pretty dead month for SXM so you can often find deals on the charter companies going from Toronto. Skyservice and Air Transat. A normal ticket will cost you 700 Can but if you wait till the week befroe you go then you can get them as low as 400 Can. But just depends on how comfortable you are on waiting to buy your ticket. US air flys in from Philly and Charlotte. Delta comes from Atlanta.

wEll i hope this helps and enjoy the island. Lived there for the past 2.5 years and really missing it since moving back to canada.