PDA

View Full Version : Outlook 2K & LAN problem

Squawk7777
3rd Aug 2004, 21:08
Hiya Folks!

here's the problem: I am using AT&T as my ISP over the old-fashioned dial-up method. Yesterday my PCMCIA modem quit so I thought 20 bucks will get me a good (used but ok) high speed internet card.

Now I am having problems with Outlook. Although I went to "accounts" and changed my connection from dial-up to LAN I am still not able to download my email. The error message shows "Unable to get the dial-up information needed to dial ... Please check your properties ..."

Is that an outlook problem or does my ISP not allow to download my email over a "third party" connection?

7 7 7 7

Naples Air Center, Inc.
4th Aug 2004, 02:43
Squawk7777,

When I used to use AT&T for my Business Email, I had to be on an AT&T network in order to download Email. You could not access their Email Servers if you were not dialed in though one of their modems.

This is all I could find on the M$ Website:

OL2000: Err Msg: Cannot Establish a Dialup Connection (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;197344&Product=out2K)

Take Care,

Richard

Squawk7777
4th Aug 2004, 03:47
Thanks Rick! I spent the last two hours reading through the AT&T and there's nothing that covers this problem. It doesn't seem to work.

amanoffewwords
4th Aug 2004, 07:09
Are you still wanting to use dial-up? If so why are you changing the settings to LAN - or did you get broadband?