PDA

View Full Version : CX requires 3000 hours for S/O?

Capt. J
3rd Aug 2004, 09:04
Hi,

Just read on "Sticky" by BlueEagle the minimum requirements for D/E S/O. Does CX really require a minimum of 3000 hours?! :ugh:

If it is 3000 hours, that's going to take around 6 years of GA! :uhoh: What are your thoughts on this? Can anybody who's working with CX shed the light? If the minimum requirements is 3000 hours, will it decrease in future? Thank you for your time.

Cheers,

Capt. J :{

BlueEagle
3rd Aug 2004, 11:25
What I posted came from the CX website as amended by what I have heard from current applicants.

My understanding is that, realistically, you require 3000 hours of flight time that should include at least 1000 of turbine time to be in the ballpark for consideration. These numbers could change over night, either up or down, based on the laws of supply and demand!

Capt. J
3rd Aug 2004, 11:40
Hi BlueEagle,

Thanks for the reply. All understood now.

Cheers!

Night Watch
4th Aug 2004, 00:05
Capt. J

CX have an abundance of pilots on file with more than 3000hrs TT and 1000hrs Turbine. So for the time being they are all that is getting a look in, that's not to say that things won't change in the future.

From you posts I gather that you are very young??? My advice is.... try not to be in such a rush to get into a Major airline. There is nothing wrong with 6 years in GA. In fact I don't know anyone in CX (other than cadets) that got here in less time.... It took me 10 years flying for GA and regional airline to get into CX, which has been extremely valuable experience.

Although when I did my interviews they were interviewing pilots with less than 3000/1000..... out of everyone that I met and still keep in touch with, none with under 4000hrs was successful (this is not to say that there aren't those who are).

Good luck :ok:

Capt. J
4th Aug 2004, 02:35
Yes, I still have a few more years before I finish high school. Thanks for the advice :) I'm going to try out for the Qantas Cadetship first and then see how it goes.

Cheers,

Capt. J