PDA

View Full Version : Help!

d2k73
2nd Aug 2004, 15:31
Basically i've got €50,000 and the plan is to get a ATPL!

Can somone tell me how much more i will need, where is the best place to get it and when the the ATPL is obtained what are the chances of getting a job?

Cheers
Danny

birdlady
6th Aug 2004, 13:47
50 000 you lucky duck. PPl and Hour Building do in the states. Very cheap and there are some really good schools over there. Naples being on of them. While you are doing the hour building enroll in their ground school or if you want to save money do Bristol by correspondance. I have heard only good reports about them. Return to the Uk and enroll in CPL/Mult IR course. Oxford is excellent from what I have heard but a little bit on the expensive side. There intergrated course is apparently the best around but at over 60 000 a bit too expensive if you use it from scratch. www.oxfordaviation.com

Hope this helps BL:ok:

EGAC_Ramper
6th Aug 2004, 14:09
Just to note if your talking about Oxford Air Training their website is actually

www.oxfordaviation.net

P.S. it seems to be down at the moment or at least isn't working for me!!

Regards

d2k73
6th Aug 2004, 16:39
So once i get a ATPL what are the chances of getting a job in an airline??

CAT3C AUTOLAND
6th Aug 2004, 16:56
Fifty grand is a lot of money, and you should think carefully about how you are going to spend it. Have you done any research, are you aware of the amount of work that is involved? Please don't take offence, but it is not just a case of I have fifty grand give me an ATPL.

If you are wise with your cash you could probably come away with some change, particularly if you follow the modular route.

Your chances of getting a job are as good as anybody elses, stick with it and never give up hope.

grafity
6th Aug 2004, 18:56
Did you try looking at http://www.ptc.ie , it might be worth your while looking into them because they're not the most expensive in the world and they're fairly close to home you might save on accomodation etc. Have a look in Spain also Aero madrid and aerofan also fairly cheap.

birdlady
7th Aug 2004, 15:07
Hi grafity

Do you mean PTC in Waterford. Im looking into them at the moment for my CPL and instructors. Got any comments - good or bad????
Thanks BL

Tinstaafl
7th Aug 2004, 16:48
d2k73, you will find *lots* of information if you use the search function available in these forums. Your questions - and, I'm sure, many others you will need to ask - have been covered in great depth many times before.

Good luck!

grafity
9th Aug 2004, 13:28
birdlady, I haven't been there or done any training with them but from what I can tell from reading other post they seem like a nice crowd.
e.g. http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=138700&highlight=ptc

Send them an e-mail and they'll send you an info pack. I think most of the info is on their site.