View Full Version : RIP Max Philips

VH-BAC
2nd Aug 2004, 12:32
Bathurst Aero Club
Dear Members,

It is with great sadness that the President and Board have to notify you, that our Webmaster and fellow Board member Max Philips was tragically killed on Saturday 31st July.

Max was one of the most enthusiastic, loyal and committed club members this club has had. He welcomed the challenges being a Board member presented, and loved the interaction with other pilots. He had just completed his CPL and you would find no pilot more proud of that achievement than Max, he loved to fly and did it well.

As Webmaster Max added a dimension previously missing from this club, our well designed website with its many facets was his pride and joy. The Club Board has been actively negotiating a promising and progressive future for the club, and Max was pivotal in the structure and implementation of these plans.

His funeral will be held Monday 9th August with details to be announced prior.

Max will be sadly missed by all who knew him, our thoughts are with his wife ****** and three small children ****, ****** and *****.

Woomera
2nd Aug 2004, 23:36
Our apologies to Bathurst Aero Club for temporarily moving this thread, however threads of this nature naturally require verification.

Our sincere condolences to Max's family. Woomera had some dialogue with Max in recent weeks and at all times Max was a great sport, seeing the amusing side to our perhaps differing views.

RIP.

Woomera

Capt. J
3rd Aug 2004, 06:29
Very sad event, I've never met Max before but still, my condolences to his family and friends. You will never be forgotten by the ones that love and have met you before. I just didn't have the pleasure to meet you. Let us all take a minute and pray for him. May God bless him.

RIP :(

Capt. J

Woomera
4th Aug 2004, 22:04
Bathurst Aero Club have now advised Max passed away as the result of a motor cycle accident last Sunday.

Max will be remembered as the creator of Bindook.COM and an amusing exchange of opinions here in PPRuNe.

Sad indeed.

Woomera