PDA

View Full Version : I can feel the blood pumping

YVRKid
2nd Aug 2004, 11:37
Its really weird. I can feel the blood rushing through my veins in my arms and legs etc. I dont feel it as in I put my hand against my leg...but my leg itself can feel it, and its really weird. Ill just be sitting here then all of the sudden whoosh and i can feel the blood rushing. Anything wrong? Someone said its a symptom for ADD...should I be worried.

foxtrot
3rd Aug 2004, 10:13
I had the same problem a few years back, got my BP checked it was pretty high, had to go in for a change of diet and have been careful thereafter still when am very tiered it comes back. you need to see a doctor as some people suffer from high BP without the occupning syptoms.
best of luck.

gingernut
5th Aug 2004, 16:27
YV, bit hard to diagnose by internet, doesn't sound like anything too serious, go get a check up by your doc.

Notso Fantastic
6th Aug 2004, 10:50
Kid- when you're a teenager, you think you feel a lot of things- yellow stuff seeping into spots in your skin, lumps everywhere, blood rushing around, excess wind (that's a very common one- and it exists!), eyesight failing, hearing not quite right......don't worry about it- all teens are a bit neurotic about their health. You're gonna be just fine!

Capt L
10th Aug 2004, 10:55
But best to check it out anyway.

Even if it's just to put your mind to rest.

LikeDaaaaaaaaat
19th Aug 2004, 07:26
I never heard feeling your own blood rush as a sign of ADD.

My blood pressure is 120/80 or a little less. Pretty good.

The past couple of weeks, I've found some oddities with my pulse (using my fingers to feel it).

Just below my rib cage, my pulse is stronger on my right side. There is also an area (just below the rib) where the pulse feels unusual. It doesn't feel that way on the other side. I don't know whether to attribute it to asymmetry or not, but it stings a bit. So I'll go to the doctor and have that checked out.

This is even weirder... it'll probably give you a laugh, but I'll mention it. My right glute (buttock), there's this pulsating bulge; there's a pulse in the same spot on the other side, but it's not really the pulse that's strange. The right side feels like a pulsing-knot. On the other side, it's like a thin line. I marked the spot off so I can find it quickly and monitor it (if it gets bigger or anything). Since I see the doctor on Friday, I'll tell him about that also. That one strikes me as bizarre, but it's painless. Still, I see the doctor on Friday, I'll tell him about that.

-LD

faa kit
20th Aug 2004, 21:30
you both sound as though you are super sensitive to your own physical symptoms. this is normally an indication of a generalised anxiety disorder.
if you have this you are probably reading this and thinking, what does he know? ive got a bloody fatal disease here and it just hasn't been discovered yet.
too much stress is my diagnosis
take up yoga and aerobic exercise.
best wishes

Re-Heat
13th Sep 2004, 13:50
1) Go to the doctor asap

2) I had the same before I was diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism - high BP was the symptom that got me off my ass to the hospital.

Did you ever see the doctor about your blurry eye? You have now got 2 symtoms of thyroid problems!