PDA

View Full Version : Servis air or Plane handling

bigbadcol
1st Aug 2004, 19:30
I am looking like I could end up getting a job at LHR with servis air or Plane handling. Could people please post a little about what thay feel about both so I can make a more informed decision. Many thanks for your help.

Terror_is_firmer
1st Aug 2004, 20:09
Dont join the circus is one piece of advice I can give

oskar
1st Aug 2004, 21:30
I would have to disagree with the comment above, all handling companys and airlines are not always suited to ones needs. I have worked for servisair and found it excellent experience where you will meet good people and also some bad. It is all about how much your willing to put into something and want to get out of it. If your a good worker servisair will train you well and look after you. My advice would be to apply to as many handling agents or airlines as possible and make your choice form there.

good luck and enjoy

Who'stheDaddy
1st Aug 2004, 23:48
Hi,

Whats the job for? if its dispatch I would say choose plane-handling.

This is what I recall from when i worked at LHR.

(Servisair) Globeground aint been the same since Lufty pulled the plug. Having worked for them the training was excellent and most of the contracts were good. Obviuosly as a business it makes sense to win as many contracts as possible and as soon as the got into T3 they got a few "desirable" airlines.

PH seemed to have less contracts and concentrate on them. From the job speci they also seemed to have alot more duties ie filing flt plans and from what I heard paid more.

However they are part owned by Aviance so beware!!

Good luck.
WTD

BEST L/CONTROLLER
5th Aug 2004, 13:51
I didn't think Servisair was in LHR,

Who do we handle????

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who'stheDaddy
5th Aug 2004, 16:04
BL/C,

Part of Servisair / GlobeGround.
Mainly T2 stuff but also T1/3
Lufthansa
BMI (Germany)
Croatian
Austrian
other euro stuff, cant remember
PIA
Iran
Qatar
South African
Cyprus
+ others

WTD

BEST L/CONTROLLER
5th Aug 2004, 23:08
Oh well ya learn somthing new everyday,,,,

Thanks for all that??

CHEERS!!!!!!:ok:

srs what?
6th Aug 2004, 11:17
Plane Handling is 51% Aviance and 49% Virgin.