PDA

View Full Version : System Minima & AIS Abbreviation

Port Strobe
1st Aug 2004, 17:45
I'm after some help with the AIS site please. I believe the page pertaining to system minima is listed in UK AIP AD 1-1-2 but I can't seem to find that page. If I go to Aerodrome Data then Aerodrome General this page doesn't appear to be available, so can anyone tell me how to access it please? I tried the help menu but it wasn't really much help.

Regarding the help menu is I'm also after a glossary of abbreviations used, I'm not sure what SDF stands for on the approach charts, I'm guessing step down fix perhaps? Its only a guess though.

Thanks for your time, any help is appreciated.

EGBKFLYER
1st Aug 2004, 20:00
You need to select AD 1.1 'Aerodrome/ Heliport Availability'- the minima page is a subsection of this (AD1.1.2). It's listed on the index to say where it is but the page design doesn't seem to be clever enough to take you to subsections...

SDF and other definitions can be found in GEN 2.2 - SDF is indeed Step Down Fix (Page Gen 2.2.8)

Port Strobe
5th Aug 2004, 11:19
EGBK, thanks very much, I found the info I was after. I'd like to pose another question re approach plates please, this time Aerad. Its for ILS/DME Runways 13 & 31 at Prestwick, for Cat A,B a/c. Taking the example from the Rwy13 plate, there is a QDR from the PW NDB given to mark the point where you should commence a right turn onto final approach. This is marked by PW 286 LB. What does LB mean? This point intersects TRN 355 15d. I'm just curious as to what LB stands for and why its there. Thanks again.

Tinstaafl
5th Aug 2004, 15:32
Lead Bearing. Typically provides 5 deg prior notice before the required intercept to allow for turn radius

Port Strobe
5th Aug 2004, 21:20
Thanks v much for the prompt replies, that's cleared a few things up for me.