PDA

View Full Version : Re-installing FS2004...help!

NWSRG
1st Aug 2004, 11:38
Folks,

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

I had to recover my PC, and did a disk format.
So I had to start afresh re-installing FS2004.

I had had FS2004 running happily, with A340 Professional, 737NG, and FS Terrain bolted on and no problems.

But after recovering the PC, and re-installing FS2004, the simulator refuses to work. Installation apparently went perfectly, but once I try to run the programme, it freezes at the introduction screen (the one with the Caravan). I have to do a Ctrl-Alt-Del, which then shows FS2004 'Not responding'.

One other thing. During installation, FS2004 can only see 14GB of hard-disk, rather than the 114GB that is free!

I have tried un-installing all other software in case there is a conflict, but to no effect.
I have tried a full disk scan, which showed no problems.
And I tried disabling Norton (it conflicted when I originally loaded FS Terrain), but again to no effect.

Has anyone suffered the same problem? Or suggest any answers?

Thanks.

amanoffewwords
1st Aug 2004, 12:35
What OS are you running?

And have you tried checking for an update of DirectX and maybe your graphics card driver?

Charles

Naples Air Center, Inc.
1st Aug 2004, 13:29
NWSRG,

When you recovered your system, did you delete all of the FS2k4 Directories?

You need to do two things, update the Drivers for your Vid Card and DirectX as Charles said and you need to delete the entire FS2k4 Program. (After running the uninstaller, you need to check to see if FS2k4 left a directory and delete it too.)

Then you can do a fresh install of FS2k4.

Take Care,

Richard