PDA

View Full Version : In need of help...

MystiCKal
1st Aug 2004, 00:29
I have considered of attending one of the two following flight schools. One of them is the Naples Air Center and the other is the European Flight Training school, both in Florida. While NAC offers its students the Career Pilot Program, EFT also has a similar program known as the Airline Pilot Program.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the total cost of attending either one of them is around the same. Total cost meaning, cost of education, accomodation, food and etc (private consumption).

I am however edging towards EFT has the program is spread over the 2 years, while offering students to become flight instructors in building hours. I don't remember seeing that as an option at NAC to be a flight instructor as the only way to build time is to apply for a flight instructor position after finishing the program. And from being zero to hero at NAC in the duration of just ONE year sounds very skeptical. Especially when one wants to land big in the aviation industry (yeh, I have high hopes).

I also heard that accomodation at the two flight schools varied greatly (yes, I've read many posts regarding housing facilities of both schools). But I still haven't gotten any concrete statements made by anyone.

If there are former students who attended any of the two schools. Please post your advice/suggestions, otherwise emailing me would be just fantastic.

P.S. I am an international student (Norway, Europe) so any benefits that may be given to american citizens does NOT apply to me like loans and scholarships.

Extra P.S. I can dig out 70,000 USD so I guess anything above that then it's out of the question. I know DCA costs around 80,000 USD... That's too much for me and they only offer the JAA certificate! FSA is also a well known school but they only offer FAA certificate which doesn't help me much since I'm an european citizen... I guess if anyone comes up with a better school than EFT or NAC, please let me know. I am in need of much info and I've been plowing thru the whole PPRUNE forums (Pilot Training Section) without much success. Please help out if possible...