PDA

View Full Version : LCC Standard Turnaround Times.....

MAN_Dispatcher
31st Jul 2004, 12:47
I would be interested to know what the standard turnaround times are for low cost carriers at your airport....

bmibaby operate on a 25-minute turnaround at MAN for all series of the 737, and this can be challenging, to say the least, particularly at this airport.

I'd be interested to know what STT's are set in place by the likes of Jet2, Ryanair, easyJet etc at various airports, particularly at such airports as LGW. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Terror_is_firmer
31st Jul 2004, 12:58
They are pretty much 25 mins accross the board

FougaMagister
5th Aug 2004, 14:46
Ryanair 737-200 (dunno about the -800, we don't get to see these at BHX) is 25 minutes chocks on to chocks off (but it can be done in less than 20 if everybody in the chain is switched on); MyTravel Lite is 40 minutes (50% more seats and use lounges and airbridges); FlyBe 30 minutes on the Dash 8Q-400, 40 on the 146.

Cheers :cool:

JobsaGoodun
5th Aug 2004, 21:24
Correction on the Flybe times.

This is 30mins on the 146 and 25mins on the Dash Q400. This is irrespective of the airport served.

Typically Flybe, as with many airlines will bolster in some longer turnarounds in a bid to combat delays incurred and LGW regularly has 40-45 minute turnarounds scheduled. However if the aircraft is running late then a maximum of 30mins is expected to turn the aircraft around...no mean feet at LGW where airbridges tend to be used.

Opssys
8th Aug 2004, 11:52
25 Minutes for all series does sound challenging for a full turnaround (although if a transit operation should not be a problem).

If a turnaround critical path is prepared then Cabin Cleaning and grooming tends to be the critical element. Reduce the standard of this element to a quick 'tidy up' , then providing no catering uplift and cargo is trivial then certainly possible for the 'mythical' standard route station. However local conditions have to be taken into account (including time of day), so it appears MAN has been deemed capable of this on a regular basis.

Alternatively no analysis has been done at the individual airports and an across the board time set, which means certain stations will always 'cop' delays .

kiltedrebel
8th Aug 2004, 19:21
During the winter, at MAN 45min for MYT Lites (VZ) on A320's (180config)

BEST L/CONTROLLER
8th Aug 2004, 20:09
Jet2::

We have a 30min minimum ground time for their B737-300 at LBA, which is a pain especially when they have a full clean on most turnarounds it's more or less impossible. But we manage to rubber watch most of them anyway,,,

Flybe::

Is 25mins across the board, but the 146-300 with 112 pax i/b 112 pax o/b plus cleaning wch etc I still don't think it can be done,

But I don't know, it might have somthing to do with the LBA cleaners (ICS) who arn't the best of the bunch,

Low cost Airlines should not have cleaning if they want the schedule to run as tight as possible, they should do what Ryanair does and only clean them on the last i/b flt of the evening,

Do EasyJet and BMIBaby have turaround cleans? we don't get thoughs so I'm not sure.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!

:ok:

JobsaGoodun
8th Aug 2004, 22:46
Best/LContoller,

As mentioned above Flybe assign 30mins to all 146 series acft regardless of airport served, 25mins associated to the smaller Q400.

Some destinations have longer as we know of operational difficulties associated with these stations, such as AGP/LGW.

outofsynch
10th Aug 2004, 18:36
eJ schedules 20 min turns on domestic sectors. Dont ask me why its different... :ugh:

BEST L/CONTROLLER
10th Aug 2004, 23:01
At LBA on Sun Flybe operate the BE741/742 on a Bae146-300 and the schedule is in @ 1655L and out at 1720L so the schedule is less than the minimum ground time,

It's a pain, normally it runs 10 mins early which isn't a problem but there is the odd time where it is smack ontime "which is rare for FlyBe I know"!!! but also at LBA we have allthe other flts turning around at that same time which doesn't help, so ground ops is impaird anyway, but it's still tight.

CHEERS!!!!!!!:ok:

TopBunk
12th Aug 2004, 09:43
BA are now beginning to schedule 35 minutes turnarounds at LHR for domestic servies on the A319.

Two chances: slim and none!

FougaMagister
12th Aug 2004, 10:46
Regarding the Ryanair 25 minutes turnaround, it looks (and feels) like a Formula 1 pit stop...

And I stand corrected for the FlyBe turnaround times... guess I'm becoming cross-eyed at the end of my shift!:sad:

Good on FlyBe to schedule the odd longer turnaround; it allows some slack in the system to make up for the odd delay. If anything at all goes wrong on the shorter turnarounds, then the a/c ends up pushing back late. Sure enough, the airline can then blame the dispatcher for not being bossy enough with pax services/fuellers/ramp team/wheelchair people etc... like I want to make ennemies of the people I work with! :ouch:

That said, it seems to work fine most days...

charlady
15th Aug 2004, 12:28
ryanair hv 30 min turnround, hardly challenging...known record is 12 mins...

Chef
10th Sep 2004, 01:50
Charlady

Have to disagree, RY have 25 mins for the 800's and 20 mins for the 200's( if they are off sched). Please dont give MOL any ideas of reducing the turnround times to 12 minutes !!!!!!:ugh:

BEST L/CONTROLLER
28th Sep 2004, 10:38
I think you'lfind the the 200 also has 25mins minimum ground time.

CHEERS:ok: :ok: !!!

GLAMM
7th Oct 2004, 05:56
Do EasyJet and BMIBaby have turaround cleans?
bmibaby generally have a quick tidy done by the cabin crew. No external company clean during turnarounds