PDA

View Full Version : Singapore CAAS acceptance of JAR 66 licences

Bus429
31st Jul 2004, 08:55
I've trawled through the CAAS website but cannot find any info about acceptance of JAR 66 licences. There is reference to recognition of foreign licences in Part 3 of the Singaporean ANO but nothing specific.
Anyone know the answer?

Blacksheep
4th Aug 2004, 01:52
Missing our weather out in The Far are you Bus?

I'll ask our ex-SIA fellow for you...

Bus429
4th Aug 2004, 07:33
Blacksheep - unexpectedly early termination of tenure in the Nordic regions. Trawling around for something to keep me occupied. :hmm:
I believe SIN authorities accept JAR 66 licences issued in the UK.

Jerboa
4th Aug 2004, 18:44
Airemploy.co.uk are advertising positions in Singapore for JAR 66 licences issued by the UK CAA.

Blacksheep
6th Aug 2004, 09:18
Check your PMs Bus....

JumboTech
9th Aug 2004, 07:46
I heard from a colleague of mine the you would have to sit the AirReg test to have your JAR 66 validated in Singapore.

JTech

Jango
13th Aug 2004, 04:53
I believe the CAAS now will only accept JAR66 lic issued from Uk - kind of defeats the object of JAR66, but this is the CAAS!

If you join SIAEC you need CAAS air leg (L11 exam) and H11 for Human factors. If you join ST or SASCO then no CAAS lic required as they do not require you to work on 9V reg aircraft. Usually the local lads with CAAS lics work on any 9V aircraf that come thru.

Hope this helps

keel beam
18th Aug 2004, 19:33
Jango

UK JAR 66 licences require additional examinations to be gained in the UK. In most other European Countries the authorities have just given away JAR 66 licences on the basis of a company approval. The UK CAA is a well regarded authority in Licence issuance.

Jango
31st Aug 2004, 07:07
I see this has now come around to affect ST. ST have the contract to support Valuair A320s, which are 9V reg, so ST now need A320 guys acceptable to CAAS...and guess what they can not get any at the rates they offer!

Shame, Singapore is such a lovely place to live but they will just never fork out decent rates.

Bus429
1st Sep 2004, 07:24
The rates offered in SIN are awful. You can earn more in a non-certifying role in Europe.

I've also noticed that the agencies I've dealt with add various costs with every email; fare "assistance", "discounted" accommodation etc.

Blacksheep
2nd Sep 2004, 13:05
Well Bus, I did put a warning on here that we would soon be stealing all the European's work. EASA Part 145 approved and shortly Part 147 Training school. - we'll even be teaching Europeans for their JAR 66 Licences at nice cheap rates too. ;)