PDA

View Full Version : Norton does not like Olivia

Flyin'Dutch'
31st Jul 2004, 08:45
Hi Folks,

Done a quick search but could not find anything on the matter so here goes my question.

When I try to get onto the French Olivia site for Notams etc, the site loads ok but then starts to reload every second or so.

Here is the url to the site: http://olivia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/index.php

I have worked out that it is related to the Norton AV/Firewall software I use because as soon as I turn that off everything is working fine.

Has anyone on here come across this problem and if so do you know how to fix it.

It is a minor pain in the grand scheme of things but would be keen to fix it as I don't really want to turn Norton off.

Regards

FD

amanoffewwords
31st Jul 2004, 09:25
Possibility #1

Quick look at the source code for that site shows that they make use of the referer information - this is used by some sites to prevent pages being embedded in other sites. Norton Internet Security blocks that kind of thing - way round on Symantec site (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/1b078893dcd782a985256771004dfaa5/7ad5cc720a93528788256913007c3012?OpenDocument&prod=&ver=&tpre=eu&src=eu_sg&csm=no) (the document mentions v. 2002 but the 'problem' occurs with other versions too)

You may need to add the site to your allowed sites even if you are using a bookmark - I had the same problem with an aviation pic site.

Try that - see what happens - can't do any harm and it is easily reversible. If it doesn't work I'll have to think about a possiblity #2 ...

Naples Air Center, Inc.
31st Jul 2004, 13:58
Flyin'Dutch',

As Charles mentioned, you just need to Norton to accept the site as a trusted site for referrer information .

Take Care,

Richard

Flyin'Dutch'
31st Jul 2004, 21:36
Cheers guys. With my limited knowledge I will have a bash at it and report back!

FD

windy1
4th Aug 2004, 19:33
I have W2k and NIS 2003 and tried Olivia for the first time last night. It worked fine for me without needing any special configuration of NIS.