View Full Version : Flight Testing - What's that all about then?

crummer
30th Jul 2004, 21:58
I'm starting a project looking at future training for anyone and everyone involved in T&E work. We need max participation. Interested in getting involved (although how that might be has yet to be decided)?

e-mail [email protected]

Regards

Raymond Ginardon
3rd Aug 2004, 20:30
Could you be a bit more specific?

Ray

Tester07
4th Aug 2004, 16:39
Crummer,

good to see that your interests include 'women', which is of course very important in the flight test training world, and suggests that you have all the right credentials to be doing this sort of thing. :ok:

safetypee
5th Aug 2004, 08:19
Crummer,
Is this a military project or wider ranging to include civil certification, or even civil ‘air tests’?

N.B. your e-mail link appears to reject all incoming messages.
--------------------
Airspeed and Upwardness

Tarnished
6th Aug 2004, 18:40
Crummer,

Also had message rejected by your system.

Always interested to get involved in something new to keep the brain cells active.

Send more details over.

Exmil
3rd Sep 2004, 10:37
Crummer,
You will be working for the organisation that has been awarded the RAF Flight Test TNA then? Was "surf pprune for random input" in your proposal?:}

John Farley
6th Sep 2004, 13:51
Exmil

The post that started this thread had me close to despair for ETPS until your comment made me laugh out loud. Thank you!

Seriously the thought that the future of ETPS might in any way be dependant on somebody as efficient and erudite as crummer (based on what he has posted here) is nothing less than a national bloody tragedy.

JF

safetypee
6th Sep 2004, 18:42
The following is on the Turboteams website:Turboteams has been selected to partner Cornwell Associates in a review of training for military Test Pilots and Flight Test Engineers. Our role will be to conduct the task analysis upon which future training solutions will be based.
The expertise we bring to bear on this project underpins our ability to support airlines wanting to take advantage of the proposed JAA Alternative Training and Qualification Programme. For more information hit the ATQP tab on the menu. Does the first para really mean “Test Pilots” (ETPS) or just training for those pilots and engineers who will test in-service aircraft?

Exmil
7th Sep 2004, 13:34
I could let Crummer reply, but to answer your question:
Does the first para really mean “Test Pilots” (ETPS) or just training for those pilots and engineers who will test in-service aircraft?

This is part of what the study should reveal. What is an RAF TP? What are they trained to do? Do we need them to do what they currently do? Can we continue to use (abuse) OEU aircrew as they are allegedly cheaper than TP? Are contractors who test in-service a/c the same?

There are different phases of test flying which require different skills and qualifications - you probably don't need a TP for post-rec flying, but you will need one when you want to clear a conformal fuel tank fitment to Typhoon. Similarly, should an ASQ Trials Officer be an FTE?

I know nothing about the track record of Turboteams, but I have a mate in Cornwell. I have a feeling they won on price.

Perhaps I could make the project manager at Daws Hill aware of the robust methodology used....