View Full Version : Bournemouth Airport

eurostar builder
30th Jul 2004, 15:40
Can somebody update us what is going wrong with Bournemouth !!!

Thomson have not got an Aircraft to fly to corfu so they cancelled the series.

My Travel Cancelled Las Palmas Next Summer

And First Choice whats happened to these..

touch&go
30th Jul 2004, 16:31
But still the cash machine works ok :D :D :D

EAF122
31st Jul 2004, 00:21
must be that there is not enough space due to the all 747 from european parked at BOH.

eurostar builder
31st Jul 2004, 13:11
there is only two 747s currently here at the moment.

EAL c/s and the All white one from Gatwick

master slug
2nd Aug 2004, 15:58
Well then, You ask whats going on at Bournemouth, Have you not heard, There owned by Manchester Airport...

Is that not enough.....

So says the slug....

eurostar builder
3rd Aug 2004, 07:10
Today there are 4 747s parked up one being a corporate one.

Anybody heard anything about flights to paris from Bournemouth.

Get me some traffic
3rd Aug 2004, 22:37
Surely a Bournemouth/Teesside service would be viable? ATR42 sized aircraft, competitively priced, twice a day should be an attractive prospect. LBA/SOU works, NCL/SOU works why not BOH/MME? FRA have bases at both, Bournemouth is great for a stag/hen night, must be worth a try?

niknak
3rd Aug 2004, 23:17
I believe the Leeds/SOU works because it's really ABZ-LBA-SOU, and also because there's a lot more business (commercial rather than leisure) to be done in the Southampton area than in sleepy Bournmouth.
For the same commercial reasons, NEW - SOU works, and it's unllikely that there would be the demand to make a BOU - Paris or Teesside route commercially viable.

360BakTrak
4th Aug 2004, 07:55
FRA would hardly use that service when they have a fleet of Falcon 20's now would they?!:p

onion
4th Aug 2004, 10:04
360BakTrak yes FRA have falcons but these are full of jamming eqipment, so you can't really use them to transport personnel around, plus that would be a very expansive way of transporting personnel around as well. What I think Get Me Some Traffic was trying to point out was that FRA do move personnel between the two base especially when there are military exercises on. This movement of personnel could be capitilized on and be used as the starting off point for a route, yes any traffic FRA could put an airlines way would be small but it would be a start. Maybe something like a J32 2 or 3 times a day.

Bol Zup
4th Aug 2004, 10:12
FR could earn some extra bucks by selling the jump seat to fare paying punters on the BOu/MME route, although pulling 5g might upset the G&T's.
Anyway Ryanair already provide a BOU/MME route (via DUB) ;)

POL1W
4th Aug 2004, 16:42
Nik nak, just to correct you slightly. The Eastern flight at ABZ does not go on to SOU . That was what happened in the BRAL days. All pax for SOU are LBA originating, and not ABZ transits.
As regards BOH, I think Jet2 should test the water here with some good old favourite Med destinations.. It should'nt cost too much to set up as it is, technically their home base (Channel Express). I'm sure the well off blue rinse brigade, the trendy, the ex-pats from Hants, wanting to return home for a day or two, would welcome a great product like Jet2.
It's time to give FlyBe a run for their money out of SOU.

FLYboh
4th Aug 2004, 18:50
NikNak. To continue on from POL1W.

BOH is hardly a sleepy place. I take it that you've never visited the place. Its a very well to do town in one of the UK's biggest conurbations. Many financial institutions have HQ's here as well as companies like Cobham etc located not too far away.

It regularly holds conferences and is a party town. Just head for the town centre on any night of the week and your certain to walk into a bunch of drunk ladies dressed as brides or policewoman.

Paris was one of the routes on sale when BUZZ had their plans for BOH and the route sold very well.

BOH airport suffers from poor transport links and until that is sorted out there will always be a limit to the number of flights and destinations it can offer.

I feel that FR are going to focus on there bases and eastern Europe. So any new loco routes will probably have to come from another source. Jet2 would do well with their mix of weekend and Spanish destinations.

360BakTrak
4th Aug 2004, 20:32
Onion, have you been in any of the FR Falcons? They actually have a few seats in the back, not just 'jamming equipment'. I can't imagine them having to shuttle enough personnel backwards and forwards to justify a J32 2 or 3 times a day!;)

onion
4th Aug 2004, 21:12
Did i actually say that FRA could fill a J32 2 or 3 times a day? NO. I said that they do move personnel around and could provide an airline with a starting off point for the route.

No I haven't been in the Falcons but I do know they have seats in the back as I know people who have flown in them. My point was that it would be cheaper for them to put people on a secheduled service than use Falcons or for that matter their Conquests or Kingairs to move people around.

360BakTrak read my original post again and you will see your comments are a bit uncalled for. Could people read post properly before trying to shoot the poster.

360BakTrak
4th Aug 2004, 22:13
Good grief Onion! Calm down a bit!! Alright then, before you have a heart attack, in response to that reply do you really think an airline will start a route based on a few people between HH and NV? ....unlikely. What I meant was an airline is hardly going to start a new route at enormous expense and risk to ferry FRA crew around during a few military exercises and a load of party animals on a stag night out of teesside now are they?! Lighten up a bit a don't be so defensive! My humble apologies if my previous post caused such great offence!:{