PDA

View Full Version : Good money after bad?

haughtney1
30th Jul 2004, 09:19
Hi all,

Ive been contacted by a GA operator..."offering" to sell me a single engine turbine class rating....for a not to inconsiderable sum. My question to all those out there in UK pprune world is this. Along with this offer, it has been followed up with statements to the effect that the UK CAA is relaxing its single engine turbine criteria...essentially opening up night and IFR ATO's.
Does anyone know how accurate this is...or is this class rating scheme more to do with increasing a bottom line...rather than fulfilling a percieved need.

Cheers

H

rotatrim
30th Jul 2004, 11:25
If it's a Cessna Caravan rating offered by a GA operator in the south of England, I know several who've gone through the course at their own expense (£5,000 - ish?) but didn't get a sniff of a job out of it. The operator I have in mind is, as far as I know, reputable, and sells the idea on the basis that the single pilot rules are changing soon and that. as a result, Cessna Caravans will flood into the UK. I don't think the rules will change soon (discussed elsewhere on PPRuNe) and even if they do, I doubt that every operator will rush out and buy a fleet of new aircraft.

haughtney1
6th Aug 2004, 08:36
Well....isnt irony a funny thing....a day after I posted this little rant, I get a phone call from an operator offering me a job on a Caravan...go figure

Smoooth landings

H