PDA

View Full Version : New SA ATR operator?

SubsonicMortal
29th Jul 2004, 19:38
Recently overheard a rumour that an existing company based in Lanseria might be getting ATRs.

Has anyone else heard about this and does it carry any weight?

Safe flying!

:ok:

spice
24th Aug 2004, 12:05
I strongly doubt it - ATR's are very expensive to operate. Apart from the 3 operator's at Lanseria that already have ATR's - don't think any new ones are being brought into SA!

SubsonicMortal
24th Aug 2004, 14:36
Howzit Spice -

You mention 3 ATR operators from Lanseria. As far as I know only Solenta and Executive Turbine operate ATRs. Who is the 3rd you are talking about?

Little One
25th Aug 2004, 10:28
Doesn't Ross Charter also have an ATR. They are based at FALA

Balloothebear
25th Aug 2004, 15:18
Rossair sent both their ATR 42 back to Tolouse in 2002.:confused:

spice
27th Aug 2004, 11:18
Hi Subsonic, I was actually referring to ROSSAIR, they had 4 x ATR's, 2 were indeed sent back to Toulouse and the other 2 were operating for ROSSAIR EUROPE. Apparently ROSSAIR EUROPE is no longer part of the ROSSAIR stable now therefore ROSSAIR in Lanseria does NOT have any ATR'S so the bottom line is I was talking crap and there are only 2 ATR operator's in Lanseria and not 3. Cheers!

eurobird
11th Sep 2004, 08:05
Im not sure if Rossair is going to operatie with ATR42. In there commercial adver. they do ref to ATR42.

At the other hand Ros Europe has already returnd 2 B1900's
And the rumor is that they are in deed problems. So maybe the other B1900 and ATR42 are coming back as well.

Look also at the fact that Euromanx is know in hands of EasternAirways. And Ros was the supplier of Euromanx?