PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance?

mach252
29th Jul 2004, 18:54
Hi there,

Can anyone advise me how far in advance I should be looking to book my CPL/IR with schools in the US or S.Africa as part of an ATPL course? I am currently two weeks into phase two of my ground studies and project a completion date of October and would like to go straight into the flying from there. Also, is it worth waiting until the next 'Flyer' trade fair in September before I make my choice?

Cheers!

razzele
30th Jul 2004, 15:05
i think that question should be sent to the specific flying school that you are going to attend for your course.

as all schools having varying numbers of students and aircraft availabilty

good luck mate

mach252
31st Jul 2004, 20:44
Cheers for the response Razzele, so far it looks like a few months in advance is the norm from the schools I have contacted...the search continues!

birdlady
2nd Aug 2004, 14:29
Mach252

Are you thinking of training in South Africa??? Unfortunately they dont have a JAA approved school anymore (went bankrupt due to mismanagement) but if you are looking for a place to do some hour building I can highly recommend Superior Pilot Service in JHB. I did my SA PPL with them and they are ABSOLUTELY BRILLANT. They also offer some great deals on a Seneca. Progress down in PE is also very good for hour building on the twin cause they are the only school that allow you to log PI on her.

BL